WRX the issue that keeps going on

Page 9 / 9
pc_evo, Aug 31, 9:07am
. gets out the dead horse and gives it a beat.

so I'm still running an mbc (yes if hijacka is reading get an ebc it's happening but this must be mentioned)

got the mbc set pretty good I reckon but the flat spot is still there. but now it happens from 4000 - 4500 rpm. boost to there boost stops has a quick struggle then pulls again. which leads me to believe.its not the boost controller causing it.

either that or its to do with maf or the fact that the factory boost controller is still plugged in. thoughts people!

only reason I mention it if hijacka is reading is cause it shouldn't happen with the tap

hijacka, Aug 31, 10:39am
! sell it and buy a sti version that afm could also be on the blink, the joy's of replacing secondhand parts with secondhand parts

pc_evo, Aug 31, 10:46am
why! do they do that!

i did find an sti that is local that'd be good

hijacka, Aug 31, 10:52am
Love the v7 sti! so much car for the money, 6 speed, brembo brakes 3.9 ratio diffs r180 rear diff etc get one with dccd gearbox

pc_evo, Aug 31, 11:00am
the one im lookin at is V8 but they wnat 20k

sez_trading, Aug 31, 11:42am
I have all ways found the hard to find problems have all ways been sitting right there in front of you. How was the system tested for leaks!

jason18, Aug 31, 4:51pm
Sounds like you need a push rod engine with a carby. That would sort it.

pc_evo, Aug 31, 6:34pm
the version 8 is at a dealer though

pc_evo, Aug 31, 7:33pm
sez yes
read the whole thread

sez_trading, Aug 31, 8:40pm
I have BEFORE I posted How was It checked! You have never said. But anyway I can't be bothered helping now. Ps if your answering questions like that no wonder the thread is so long.

pc_evo, Aug 31, 9:07pm
I didnt mean to be rude mate, but, yes it has been checked for leaks and checekd again. Visual through hoses, and tightening clamps, and via charging system with air through the intake. Is there another way you can suggest that is a good way to check! I dont think its a leak, cause when the original solenoid was in it had the flat spot at 3000 - 35000 now with the tap it has it at 4000 - 4500. I do appreciate the help mate, would a leak change it like this! It does try to get back to boost after those rev ranges with either setup up.

again apologies for being rude

bellky, Aug 31, 9:24pm
Get a WRX :)

quater, Aug 31, 9:30pm
If you have an air leak at say 10psi then if you go through and tighten clamps it could be then at 12psi which would then give you different rpm flat spots. but if you say its been charged with compressed air and checked well then that has been checked. I was thinking along the lines of a pvc valve being buggered, but also could cause oil problems.

quater, Aug 31, 9:41pm
I see you get off on trolling, Make sure you have a wipe handy.

pc_evo, Aug 31, 9:57pm
quarter yes I am seeing considerable oil blow by and some leak. through breather where is the pcv valve and it's function!

would this cause my boost problem if it is not adjusting crank case pressure as it should!

quater, Aug 31, 10:13pm
It would be a leak if not working properly, Its meant vent the crackcase and stop boost pressure from entering. one way valve.

pc_evo, Aug 31, 10:18pm
top of block left hand side of intercooler is where I can see oil

pc_evo, Aug 31, 11:44pm
so could it be possibly opening when hitting peak boost when it's not supposed to!

rednsr, Sep 1, 7:40am
I had this problem on my old car. It turned out to be the cam angle sensor.

On the passengers side of the motor at the front.

pc_evo, Sep 1, 9:53am
Exact same problem! throw a code!

rednsr, Sep 1, 9:11pm
I don't think it was setting codes.I spent a lot of money trying to figure it out. New mag new tps new co2 new knock sensor. None of these worked. Put in new cam angle sensor and it went away. Was weird because it never set codes.

pc_evo, Sep 2, 7:05am
cool thanks. definitely effected boost too!

expensive sensor!