Advice please commodore

Page 1 / 4
roxy244, Oct 15, 5:56am
Hi guys, im looking to upgrade my car, but I dont know what to do,would you buy VZ SV6 150,000km at $13,000 or upgrade to VE SV6 95,000km for $18,400, yep another 5k,I will be paying it off, I will sell im VT privately,I just dont know which way to go. any advice would be appreciated.

vtecintegra, Oct 15, 5:58am
I wouldn't borrow money on a car, especially not one that depreciates at the rate a big Holden does

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:01am
+1
My latish model sporty sedan cost just $5500. Why pay so much more for little or no more car when you don't have the cash!

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:03am
Yup but the man wants a real car not a pregnant rollerskate lol

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:06am
hey Im a women not a man :-), yep Holdens won the big race!

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:07am
I wasn't talking about the Multipla.

msigg, Oct 15, 6:07am
Yes I have to agree, the more you pay the more ( the bigger cars more so) you will depriciate, the extra $5000 will amount to ten a leastin 3 -4 years time. If money is no object to worry about then just buy what you want, test drive and go from there. If you don,t have alot of money sell before you buy, in case the bridge is too far. Good luck.

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:08am
thanks grangies, thanks, but I dont like Toyotas. had one, had a bad run, never again, I worked for a Holden dealership, love Holdens.

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:11am
I have had my VT for 10 years, doesnt owe me anything the only reason I want to upgrade is the body work is getting tired, I just like a nice looking car, didnt think it was worth getting dents and a respray on mine.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:14am
Just be sure you really are comfortable getting in debt that much for something that will only lose money.
Having been a banker (and in general) I have seen so very many people regret such decisions and spend years trying to get themselves back where they started.

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:15am
I like the VZ great cars and sorry for calling ya a bloke

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:17am
Are you not well jazz you havent tried to sell her a vw lol

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:18am
. yet.

Game spoiler.

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:20am
oh no worries splinter lol, no problem.Yeah I like VZ,s

Oh well something to ponder on.-

petal_91, Oct 15, 6:20am
Holdens hold their value pretty well.

And recommending a Toybota; I mean come on the Aurion is FWD luxury blimp, with cushy suspension and handles like a whale, whereas the SV6 is a proper RWD sports sedan with finely tuned sports suspension.

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:20am
Sorry mate but this girl has her head screwed on She knows what she wants and that is a quality Holden product

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:23am
Holdens are definately awesome cars :-)

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:26am
"Quality Holden product". can't say I have ever seen one of those!

grangies, Oct 15, 6:26am
Sports sedan LOL.

sw20, Oct 15, 6:30am
Stretch to a V8 one if you can. They will hold their value better if you absolutely must finance a depreciating item.

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:31am
Now now lets be fair. in West Auckland knocking over letterbox's is a legitimate sport.

roxy244, Oct 15, 6:32am
A V8 what about petrol!

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:33am
You see them all the time I think you need reeducating
oh hang on ya wont see them when ya driving ya multi thingy cause ya hiding hoping not to be seen lol

thejazzpianoma, Oct 15, 6:35am
More than happy to be seen in my Multipla.

splinter67, Oct 15, 6:37am
bet ya kids or grandkids arnt lol