Car dealer follows people home from supermarket

Page 1 / 2
trade4us2, Oct 20, 3:53am
Can anyone remember who the car dealer is who follows people home from the supermarket and sells them a car! I think he was on TV, probably Fair Go.
I think I might just have met him!

ryanm2, Oct 20, 4:03am
he follows people home! and sells them what! the car he is driving!, so he has to walk home if successful! Sounds like an excellent business model.

sw20, Oct 20, 4:06am
No he takes their car as trade in. He will spot an older person at the grocery store then follow them home. Basically sells them an overpriced car they never wanted in the first place and then takes their car as trade in, which he gives 3/5ths of sweet fanny adams for. Puts the hard sell on them, plenty of oldies have signed up under duress just to get rid of him.

trade4us2, Oct 20, 4:08am
Yes he sells them the car he is driving, usually to little old ladies who are not used to a high-pressure salesman. I think he takes them to their bank and everything is legit, but the relatives of the LOLs are not pleased.

trade4us2, Oct 20, 7:04am
I'd like to get the name of the guy. Was it on Fair Go, does anyone know!

intrade, Oct 20, 7:09am
if you see him just say wait a few minutes i just go inside to get my shotgun. wonder how long he be waiting then.

andrea_w, Oct 20, 7:44am
Yep, he was on Fair Go! I remember that story. and I remember the fact he fully deserved a punch in the face for the things he did! He had an office in Greenlane. motorway side of Great Sth Rd but on the opposite side of the intersection to Maccas (very close to that intersection). I remember driving past it just after the story and seeing it there, a few days later I noticed all the signage was gone. Can't remember the name of the "business" though sorry. Hopefully that info can be used to do some homework though :)

aragorn2003, Oct 20, 7:49am
there's still 2 yards there , just after the Z petrol station .

trade4us2, Oct 20, 7:55am
Whoever he is, he's targetting elderly people in the PakNSave carpark at Glen Innes.

bashfulbro, Oct 20, 8:10am
Phill Goff !

solarboy, Oct 20, 9:55am
Yes, was definitely on Fair Go, I think a couple of times at least.

whqqsh, Oct 20, 6:13pm
his last name was Rose from memory

kngfhrt, Oct 20, 6:26pm
He deserves a bright red Rosie tap on the nose what a ruthless guttless low down dirty scum. thats thuggery!

kngfhrt, Oct 20, 6:29pm
not the same guy that was going around selling dud and overpriced Mobility scooters to the elderly was it!

whqqsh, Oct 20, 8:31pm
I agree, I remember the name because a mate used to work as a minder for a guy of the same name still not sure if it was him or not.

kazbanz, Oct 20, 10:18pm
I don't remember his name but I do remember that Fair Go did say that nothing he did was actually against the law.
That its a low,scummy . etc etc way to sell anything had me pretty upset at the time.
Even the deal itself was JUST inside the bounds of reasonable-They paid franchise type price for a car they never actually wanted.

usdefault, Oct 21, 5:35am
That's what you do in Japan isn't it Kaz!

tgray, Oct 21, 8:24am
Peter Rose was his name.

trade4us2, Oct 21, 9:49am
Yes that looks like him. He doesn't seem to have any physical address, i.e. no car yard.

happy_kiwi_in_ta, Oct 21, 11:32pm
He is just another chap struggling to keep food on the table in Auckland. You choose to live there...you chose to be caught up in the big spinning wheel of Auckland. Thats how they roll up there. Its always going to happen when you let anyone live in your town and turn it into a sess pit . Only way to avoid all this is to move to New Zealand which starts below the Bombays.

kaymay88, Oct 22, 1:10am
what happened to being responsible for your own decisions!
why not just say
No, I dont want a car, now F#$( off. simple.

trade4us2, Oct 22, 2:00am
I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about elderly people who are likely to be scammed. But thank you for your input. The supermarket management will now be looking out for him. Maybe they can tow his car for overparking.

kazbanz, Oct 22, 4:24am
scroll back and see if you can view the fair go program. This guy was doorknock selling and pressure selling to elderly people.
Well it seems the MVDT felt the same way I did
http://tvnz.co.nz/fair-go/tribunal-blasts-car-salesman-video-4462124

trade4us2, Oct 22, 6:06am
The management of the supermarket are concerned about him. I believe they may well issue a trespass notice to him for all their supermarkets.

tgray, Oct 22, 7:19am
I just can't get my head around it.
I want people who WANT to buy my cars, not need to be talked into it.
Surely the goal should be a win, win situation.
Personally I couldn't live with myself operating like that.