Vehicle with mph speedo

Page 2 / 2
woody1946, Nov 29, 4:19am
Can't see why you need to know how fast ( or slow ) you are going. If it feels about right, thats near enough

00quattro00, Nov 29, 5:13am
Does it not have kmh in small numbers on the inside! 99% of modern cars that have a mph speedo are like that. I got off speeding the other day in my golf because its a uk import and said I was only doing 80

robbief, Nov 29, 7:14am
it has kmh in small print but i have trouble reading it it is red on black and not very close to you

supernova2, Nov 29, 7:37am
My 55 snipe is in MPh and not a sticker in sight.Most if not all the cars I owned in the 70's all had MPH speedos.If the stickers were a must have they must have made lots of different shapes and sizes.Foe example a morrie minor and a mini cooper have the same size speedo but very different spacings on the numbers.

There were some of those cable reduction boxes for sale on here a while back, but they wont help of an electronic speedo.

robbief, Nov 29, 7:50am
looks like i have to get tomtom fixed has a flat battery and use that.

bill-robinson, Nov 29, 6:50pm
just use your smart phone with a conversion app.type in kph wanted read off MPH on speedo.

kazbanz, Nov 29, 6:59pm
Im sorry robbie I honestly don't know. BUT given most of europe runs km/h speedos I bet its available.
FOR NOW-The trick I used was to put a 15mmx2mm stripe of white tape on the face of the cluster where 50/70 and 100 are. Untill you get a propper solution it'll save ya getting tickets

fordkiwi27, Nov 29, 7:32pm
if you cant work out a conversion in your head then you shouldnt be on the road.

robbief, Nov 29, 7:35pm
thanks for all the help i have some white strips on it.just thought there was an easy way around it but it seems not so easy.

kazbanz, Nov 29, 8:21pm
forget it--my idea wont work