Vehicle with mph speedo

Page 1 / 2
robbief, Nov 28, 6:58am
got a vehicle with mph speedo its about 100mm round you once could get somthing to stick over them to get back to kph can you still get them or is there some one who can chang them .

woody1946, Nov 28, 7:09am
30 mph= 50kph
60 mph= 100kph

Thats about all you need to know

gammelvind, Nov 28, 7:11am
Wot he said

theram1, Nov 28, 7:12am
My sister bought some of those stickers home in the '70's.
I stuck them on my lunch box, and the car door.

skull, Nov 28, 7:13am
Send your lunchbox to OP then.problem solved.

theram1, Nov 28, 7:20am
I was thinking of sending the car door.

robbief, Nov 28, 7:34am
it would be nice to get a sticker.not a fast lunch box or find out who can change it for me

sr2, Nov 28, 7:43am
LOL; I remember we all had to stick them to our Speedo??

edangus, Nov 28, 7:48am
White Paint pen - Dots over the right ones - Done!

theram1, Nov 28, 7:48am
Try a sharpie, or little paint brush and white paint.

lookoutas, Nov 28, 7:49am
I use a GPS radar detector with speed readout.
You could also use one of those stupid things that tell you how to get lost.

msigg, Nov 28, 7:49am
try speedo repair place, google,. If you get a new speedo you may be able to change the drive gear on the box or where ever it is. I know you can do this for old jeeps.

robbief, Nov 28, 7:56am
this vehicle is only two years old pom import think it might be elentronic drive

rob_man, Nov 28, 7:59am
Just pretend it's in Ks and go 100 MPH everywhere.

chevcamaro, Nov 28, 8:34am
yep thats my choice to, never been pulled yet but will just say it was the speedo, put me croook

floscey, Nov 28, 9:36am
work out speed limits on the rev counter in top gear ,disconnect speedo. Guess or blend in around town.

morrisjvan, Nov 28, 9:53am
Metric is French . They were on our side .

supernova2, Nov 28, 10:44am
News to me.I've had lots of cars with MPH speedos and never had any sort of sticker on them.

Just out of interest did this new "pom" car pass compliance etc!

sr2, Nov 28, 11:02am
You're showing youre age mate, when the MOT went from imperial to metric it was a big deal.

robbief, Nov 28, 6:59pm
it has all the compliance papers with it its auto hard to watch the revs in the gears six speed auto

kazbanz, Nov 28, 7:04pm
robbief-WHATis the vehicle. Some of the modern euro stuff its a simple reset and it reads in km/h
If its Volvo theres a crowd in the Uk that sells a "kit" you pull out one console and fit the replacment. Then let ltsa know you have done it so they can ammend their records -otherwise it'll bite you later on.
The alternative is getting a replacement speedo face with mph/km/h on it

morrisman1, Nov 28, 7:16pm
You can purchase speedo correction kits (Jaycar maybe) which work on electric drive speedos. You could make the correction large enough for it to read in km/h

studio1, Nov 28, 9:02pm
My parents got a brand new Toyota Corona in 1973. The speedo was in miles per hour. I also remember those stickers, which arrived soon after.
Dad came home one day with this little plastic gizmo which was effectively a small gearbox that screwed on between the speed drive cable and the back of the speedo head. It caused the speedo to read in km/h instead of mph.
These days with everything being electronic, such devices wouldn't work.

robbief, Nov 29, 3:57am
kazbanz its a fiat ducato maxi 3l 2010 is there some one with some type of kit that will fix it

gmphil, Nov 29, 4:16am
Like that chick motoway patrol last year 100 clicks down north western inv8 ht holden when cop pulled her up sayin why u doin 160 she nup only 100 cop said didnt u think sumthink strange when u passed everybody like they standing still turn out speedo was in mph