New thread about the toyota steamer

Page 1 / 3
intrade, Dec 2, 2:45am
as the other thread is anightmare with to mutch jumping to conclusion junk.
please only post facts not random your fault for not putting this and that.

intrade, Dec 2, 2:45am
http://www.carjam.co.nz/report/!ref=38868471
this is the car with problem from what i could gather purchased 12 month ago for 8 grand!

intrade, Dec 2, 2:48am
what is the current state of the vehicle!
and when did the problem start!
check engine light = a electronic component detected a fault or is malfunctioning creating a error code .

meathead_timaru, Dec 2, 2:50am
You're going to struggle to establish any facts, mate. Some don't like clarity. They prefer colloquial waffle.

ralphdog1, Dec 2, 2:55am
Fact 1. It is a 1995 Toyota Steamer.
Fact 2. It has been cooked, probably due to lack of cooling system maintenance.
Fact 3. It was a piece of junk.
Fact 4. It is now a useless piece of junk.

karmaangel, Dec 2, 2:57am
It has just had its radiator and thermostat replaced and the other day heading home the temp gauge shot up but everything was cool (!) but radiator bottle was empty so it was filled and then we had to be jump started cos the car had gone flat due to hazards being on, always has done this. Then we started going slowly, temp was back down to normal. But then all of a sudden it started making a horrid noise and starting losing power till it just stopped (x2) (had to be jump started both times, couldn't tow it as no one had any rope and we were on a very very busy road. Just before we finally got to the mechanics the engine light came on :-(
Also on the back of the van was some oily substance. Mechanic had a look at it over weekend (luckily offered us a car to use in meantime) and we will find out Monday what is wrong

gabbysnana, Dec 2, 2:58am
who cares its the owners FAULT.

intrade, Dec 2, 2:58am
fact 5 the dealerwould have knowen about fact 1,and 3. this does not take him off the obligation of the consumer guarantees act we now have in this country,

splinter67, Dec 2, 3:02am
They have had the van for a year and it overheated then it was driven cga does not go on forever

intrade, Dec 2, 3:06am
fact 6 these have a nightmare cooling system. So unless the owner has added constantly fresh water to the cooling system over the last 12 month and not told and asked the dealer to fix a potential problem then its his own fault. yes . If however the car never had any antifreeze and you can proof that in court then i would ask for a full refund from the dealer in court and probably get it minues runnig cost , so there is a good chance the dealer will be kicked in the nuts for selling fact 3 vehicle for! 8 grand.!

karmaangel, Dec 2, 3:07am
It was not driven once it overheated. The temp gauge went up but must be faulty cos once the radiator cap was taken off it was fine,it hadn't overheated. Just needed topping up. Then when the other probs started like the losing power etc the temp was fine. That problem was fixed as soon as it overheated, and the thermostat and radiator was replaced. Been driving it fine for nearly a week after work was done with no probs. temp gauge was obviously given false reading, but that is why we were stopped on side of road and battery went flat due to hazards being on. We were jumped started fine and contained to drive for a while with no problems then all of a sudden we lost power and stalled (x2)

llortmt, Dec 2, 3:07am
When you represent her at the disputes tribunal, let me know Intrade. I want to come and watch.

intrade, Dec 2, 3:09am
glycole is to be exchangedevery 24 month its only been 12 so far. consumer guarantees act covers that one i guarantee you this .

splinter67, Dec 2, 3:12am
Are you going to put your money where your mouth is intrade how about you pay for the op to take it to court

llortmt, Dec 2, 3:16am
Splinter do you want to car share to the hearing with me!

splinter67, Dec 2, 3:18am
yup Im in will be a great laugh

intrade, Dec 2, 3:20am
i just want to find out the truth and help the owener or tell em its there own fault at the end of it and not jump to conclusion because they added water its there fault and stuff.

kazbanz, Dec 2, 3:26am
You've left out fact 6. --just how many miles the OP has driven this vehicle.18000km in 9 months.

kazbanz, Dec 2, 3:26am
You've left out fact 6. --just how many miles the OP has driven this vehicle.18000km in 9 months.
I'd be interested to hear fact 7 Why the vehicle was driven for 3 months with no WOF.
Fact 8--What milage the OP had the first service

meathead_timaru, Dec 2, 3:30am
This is gibberish. You need to state time periods and concise relevant information. Like "The car overheated 3 months ago. We stopped immediately and had it towed to our mechanic. He replaced the thermostat and radiator. Two weeks later it started playing up and stopping for no reason." And so forth. I for one still have absolutely no idea of the time frame of these events which are essential in order to be able to offer advice regarding any liability aside from your own.

intrade, Dec 2, 3:34am
yea about 20,000 from what i can source off carjam. antifreeze is 24 month or i just looked on nuolen it states now 4 years and 250,000km so if you half that to 24 month less good antifreeze its still 120,000km befor glycol needs exchanging

intrade, Dec 2, 3:42am
we needbetter explenations like poster 20 pointed out and also was the dealer asked to fix the problem !
what was the antifreeze like when they whom ever it was changed the radiatior! was it non existent or was it all good .some questions to know exactly first.

scoobeey, Dec 2, 3:55am
are you selling tickets :)

intrade, Dec 2, 3:59am
164,534 Km
2010-Aug-23
WOF Inspection maximum they done is 30 tousend not enough to turn antifreeze usless and cause exess corrosion. if it never had antifreeze when sold then it would have corrosion.
it will come down to that factthe rest of the problem like checkengine light due to malfunction wont be the dealers responsebility it can happen on older cars that electronic parts die. but that fact needs to be figured if it was sold with incorrect cooling fluids.

llortmt, Dec 2, 4:53am
Live webcast you think!