New thread about the toyota steamer

Page 3 / 3
karmaangel, Dec 2, 9:00am
We still have the email my partner sent him regarding the car problem when we would drive off in the morning and it would make a loud bang before it would drive. He said it wasn't is problem as we didn't get mechanical breakdown thing with him. I'm gonna ring him tomorrow and if I get nowhere then ill ring disputes tribunal

intrade, Dec 2, 9:03am
we might read about your case in the paper that you won. I for example know my tv i paid 800$ for has a 1 year warranty and another 4 years consumer guarantees act so i did not need to buy a extended warranty. this consumer gurantees act also is law for cars now must last a reseanble time and sutch is the wordingsi am not afan of these law but since it exists you should try and see if it will help you.

carclan, Dec 2, 9:13am
The temperature gauge will measure cooling meduim temperature i.e. if there is no water it will measure residual temperature or what ever is conducted from the material the sender is fitted into. What I am stating is if there was little or no water in it the temperature gauge is as good a useless. Low coolant level is a better bet.

intrade, Dec 2, 9:42am
cga here only ones not covered is auctions on here. wotch this the high amount paid will matter also. whatch 6 minute 14 secounds what they say right there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch!v=iKPoWxvce2w

andrea_w, Dec 2, 9:45am
Just a thought. and the experts may say "yay" or "nay" - seized caliper(s)! If "yay", it would explain the worn brake pads too - which may suggest they were fine upon purchase but rapidly wore out thereafter

intrade, Dec 2, 9:51am
yea and what would that proof furter evidence the thing was not fit for its intended purpose. the pads may have been fine but not the brake fluid you cant sell a car with water instead of brake fluid in the brakes it means the brakes where also shot in this case, its a good thing they paid 8 grand and the cga will shoot the dealer out of the sky and i be clapping my hands .

karmaangel, Dec 2, 9:53am
Within in weeks of getting the car! Yea right

thunderbolt, Dec 2, 9:57am
7 minutes of my life I will never get back and nothing in the clip suggests if you pay too much it changes the dealers level of responsibility.

andrea_w, Dec 2, 9:58am
I'm not siding with the dealer or the OP, it was just an observation :) May indeed help the OP's case (if there is one)

snoopy221, Dec 2, 10:02am
Gor Blimey seems a few need a lesson or two in the design of leading/Trailing rear DRUM brakes-and the CORRECT assembly of same so they don't lock on and fail to release ONE WAY when cold.

Bugga ain't dat wat a meknic does- fixnbrks!

intrade, Dec 2, 10:08am
yea the motorvehicle disputes tribunal will advise on it i guess but the car seems to never have been right from day one and cga covers that problem might be that they did not ask the dealer specificly to fix the car underconsumer guarantees act . I also base things on the truth of the poster and things will need to be proofen in the end but if the dealer is as dodgy as it seems then we need him to pay or be gone from ripping others off at least. c,g,a bases the warranty on the ammount goodshave been charged for so if it is the case on cars also, then a 8 grand car is not to be expected to have all of these problems and blow up after 12 month.

kazbanz, Dec 2, 7:54pm
Loud bang early in the morning mid winter! Waiuru!