V6 commodore distributor and Darby manifold

donz01, Dec 15, 9:12am
A while ago on here was a V6 commodore engine running a carby and distributor (I believe no computer etc required). Can anyone tell me where I could find another one or suitable parts to suit a VN V6 to maybe use in an engine transplant. Many thanks

treachug, Dec 15, 9:20am
Would have to be an american sourced Buick based engine. The VN's aussie based engine have no provision for a distributor.

dave653, Dec 15, 9:38am
I found out recently the VN (we have one) has the yank engine, which Aus fitted to thier car, as the engine is imperial, everything screwed to it is metric. Check the interweb for different cars it came out in as I was told VNs came from possibly front wheel drive (really!) Chebby. Mind you, the Buick V6 is an old engine, tarted up for different markets.

donz01, Dec 15, 9:50am
Cheers Craig. I saw a VN set up on here a couple months ago. From memory it was only the engine but it was fitted with a carby and dizzy. Pretty sure it had a buy now of $350.My son knows where there is a VN V6 and 5 speed for a couple hundy. It would give the chevette some decent power. I am going to shorten the disc brake diff 25 mill each side over Xmas so the 15x8s totally clear the rear guards. Might catch up and get an air flow meter for his vl from you next time I am up there.

1hotgloria, Dec 16, 12:02am
Hi guys don't know if you can help me but looking for oil sump bung for my vx 2001 executive commodore but most places need to know the thread size and I'm not too sure what it is. I live rural so don't wanna take mine out as need car to go get new one. Would anyone happen to know what size to ask that will def fit! The head is 19mm I know that much lol. Thanks

treachug, Dec 16, 12:17am
Its a genuine part.Im not sure if anyone (like Repco etc) sells a version.
We sell the plugs & the plug washer at work & can send you one tomorrow. Cannot put the name etc as the plastic police will report it to trademe but its a rare place that sells spares & there is a lake starting with c in the southern alps near Christchurch that has the same street name that we are on in sydenham.lol

franc123, Dec 16, 12:17am
I think you will find that Holden will be able to supply the correct part and guarantee it will fit if you supply them the VIN number.

ozz1, Dec 16, 12:25am
ok,.can i say it.go to rare spares in christchurch

1hotgloria, Dec 16, 12:59am
Lol ok how much for one with washer and sent to Westport

bttrans, Dec 16, 5:49am
==============================-
=====i would be interestedin that vn mtr and5 speed boxifno one else!

treachug, Dec 16, 9:28am
Ring & ask for me (Craig) tomorrow