Are aftermarket oil pressure gauges legal in nz?

Page 2 / 2
splinter67, Jan 19, 11:08pm
So what sort of gaskets are you running to keep that sort of pressure in! as for the lesser car thing dream on thats why the kelly boys want a dispensation for there quad cam v8 because it dont make the same power as a pushrod v8

chebry, Jan 19, 11:42pm
It must be a datsun thing after all those years of copying austins couldnt they copy a relief valve effectiveely.!

a.woodrow, Jan 20, 12:21am
No need to be a wanker, don't see you adding anything constructive to the conversation. How bout you fuck off and play with yourself!

elenor, Jan 20, 12:25am
just what the engine builder supplied, was running up to 105 psi ,eased it back to 80 psi ,rule of thumb10 psi for every 1000 rev

splinter67, Jan 20, 6:00am
And thats a lovely attitude. What in this post helps not one thing

austingtir, Jan 20, 6:09am
Gaskets are so 1954 (well paper gaskets are)Jesus havent you ever heard of liquid gasket and cnc machined surfaces!Guess since you dont own a nissan thats the problem.Some people just love the character of their oil leaking american v8 i guess.

theram1, Jan 20, 6:09am
Pop corn time.

socram, Jan 20, 6:18am
LOL.Even Minis have a relief valve that normally cuts in at 70lb psi as the oil pressure on old, cold oil is too high.By adjusting the spring length, you can adjust the relief pressure.I run the old 3 litre at 70lb psi.

As another poster has also stated, the bore of the metal or braided oil pipe is tiny so the amount of oil is quite small.However, you steer well clear of those with nylon lines that can melt if too close to a hot exhaust leak. Been there done that - had an under bonnet fire on the rolling road.

snoopy221, Jan 20, 6:19am
Meh i'll juss say cross drilled crank.

splinter67, Jan 20, 6:39am
Why would I own a nissan for, it does not look as cool as the chev, it dont sound as good as the chev, 99% of them dont go as well as the chev. And It dont need to pull 9500 revs to make power and its drivable on the road

chebry, Jan 20, 11:20am
yeah 120psi sounds like a tall tale What size bigend bolts have you got coz its not a bad idea to keep reciprocating mass down a bit or havent datsun figured that out either.

chebry, Jan 20, 11:25am
I like thousands of others who were burnt by datsuns failure and subsequent closure in Melbourne wouldnt touch a Nissan with a 30foot varnished pole.

chebry, Jan 20, 11:28am
Must be a right pain, thatsthe motor in the VL Dore that kept eating heads just junk

elenor, Jan 20, 6:18pm
never had the head off in 4 years of racing the rb and its done a lot of runs

splinter67, Jan 20, 8:24pm
So you've never freshened your motor in 4 years of racing and your getting 9 second passes hmmm something dont sound right here

smac, Jan 21, 3:01am
As above, minis have an oil feed into the cabin as standard (well actually most of the line into the cabin would have air in it probably). Anywho, I can say from experience that when the line bursts/perishes it dumps a LOT of oil. It doesn't matter that it's less than a mm internal, oil at 80lbs is oil at 80lbs.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 3:14am
That's because Holden antifreeze was used in a Nissan engine.

doncav, Jan 21, 3:15am
I have put mechanical oil pressure gauges in a few cars that I have had. Best way is a bracket on the motor and a bracket on the firewall with a brake hose between. Much the same as a clutch setup.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 3:16am
So the last Nissan you owned was a Datsun! Maybe you should join the rest of the world and try driving something newer.

NZTools, Jan 21, 3:18am
How long did the brake hose last with oil in it!