Harleys = Noise Pollution

Page 2 / 6
mike1345, Jan 27, 8:32pm
I suppose they can sound alright when they're muffled right, but most of the ones I hear sound like chest beating.

tgray, Jan 27, 8:35pm
Decibel noise levels don't seem to apply to Harleys.

kwkbrk, Jan 27, 8:42pm
Noisy compressor motor powered heaps of shyte.
Don`t go around corners so they are useless as road bikes.
Don`t go fast so they are useless as drag bikes.
Which leaves their only suitable use as penis extenders.
I`ve had to quieten cars to suit the constabulary in the past that were much less noisy and it annoys the hell out of me.

wrong2, Jan 27, 8:47pm
bla bla bla

harleys are not performance machines

what they are designed to do, they are good at

tazcsv, Jan 27, 8:47pm
South Park had a good episode on this, the kids all called them F_GS, now what was that missing letter. Even my 3 yr old calls them gay bikes.

vjregal770, Jan 27, 9:13pm
Spotty, skinny kid in a noisy Hyundai, huge tattoed, leathered-up bloke in an even noisier Harley. You're on your own - who you gonna deal with first! :-)

pebbles61, Jan 27, 9:19pm
I like a bit of noise from my motorcycles, but Harley's tend to be a bit too loud for me. Then again it's no worse than some kid in his mum's civic with a Milo can for an exhaust

bashfulbro, Jan 27, 9:20pm
It`s no worse than the mongrel who thinks he`s Biggles, flying around our place every weekend in a bloody aerobatic plane, I think the engine has a straight pipe, we can`t have a conversation in the house, if i made a fraction of the noise in my car, i would be arrested.

sfw4, Jan 27, 9:20pm
farting armchair.

itsbutters, Jan 27, 9:38pm
Southpark hit the nail on the head

(NSFW language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=xGyKBFCd_u4

pico42, Jan 27, 10:14pm
It struck me that you no longer hear someone described as being disabled, instead it has become "has a disability". And since parents are usually the ones most protective of their kids, they would be the first to adhere to that terminology. Anyway, well off topic.

sabbath-black, Jan 27, 10:18pm
.Biggles haha

ninja_man, Jan 27, 10:32pm
my aftermarket exhaust gave me a significant increase in power over stock. i think a louder pipe is safer than a quieter pipe, with the stock exhaust i always had people cutting me off as its pretty hard to see bikes on the road, having a loud exhaust lets them know you are around.

mazzyz, Jan 27, 11:09pm
For one such as yourself who's into drag racing your comment that HD don't go fast and are useless drag bikes is actually false. The current NHRA National record holders for PSM are both HD, one holding the top mph of 199.26 and one with the top et of 6.728.
http://www.nhra.com/points/national-records.aspx
I am no Harley fan although the latest buell that's coming out looks pretty nice BUT you are being mighty unfair and biased with what you've written there, some even handedness wouldn't go astray even for a make you clearly don't like.
I agree they can be very loud though and should be pinged for noise if applicable.

trogedon, Jan 27, 11:39pm
Harley Drag bikes; I have a customer who used to build up Harley engines (he HATES them). He did a drag engine. It cost in the $30k range and would last 30 runs up the strip. Reliable!!

tazcsv, Jan 27, 11:49pm
Do they still come out factory with an engine oil drip!

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 11:55pm
Lol I still do that!

wasser61, Jan 28, 12:34am
What are they designed to do! oh yeah that's right "penis extender"
Hate the noise they make.

sandietane, Jan 28, 12:39am
box of tissues heading your way

rsr72, Jan 28, 12:40am
Disgustingly-loud horrors.
Do WOF stations let 'em get away with it because most owners look like gang members!

kwkbrk, Jan 28, 12:49am
To be fair look at the names and the resources behind those riders . it is in their interests to make sure at whatever the cost that they hold those records.

kevymtnz, Jan 28, 12:58am
Educate the stupid people who buy them
yes they are too loud and is time to muffle them
call yr MP

tazcsv, Jan 28, 1:22am
That would be my son ya muppet.

nightsky1, Jan 28, 1:26am
the exhausts have been swapped for hollow pipes
You're supposed to look at them and
go "Wow"
hope the cops give then tickets
Boy racers had to learn the hard way
now maybe it's time the sad over 40's had a bit of the same treatment.

mazzyz, Jan 28, 1:38am
I'm sure Suzuki mc have plenty of resources($) at their disposal too. One can't usually hold a record with a "shyte" piece of equipment but you spin it how you want to. Do you actually know what "fair" means!

To OP, sorry for hijacking your thread, will leave now. :-)