Would a slight cam cover gasket oil leak

Page 2 / 3
llortmt, Mar 8, 10:44am
What should we call you!
Is John ok or should we call you Rod, I don't want to be accused of name calling.

llortmt, Mar 8, 10:45am
That happens, does he work at VTNZ, because they only take the really good ones I've heard.

morrisman1, Mar 8, 10:53am
welcome John, I hope you enjoy it here.

jmma, Mar 8, 10:54am
You're getting a bit off topic there John, better say something about an oil leak and WOF.
Do you think you should be failed a WOF for it!

strobo, Mar 8, 10:56am
let's be frank aye ;-)

strobo, Mar 8, 11:00am
funny bugga lollooks like a long learning curve for you !

morrisman1, Mar 8, 11:00am
awesome, a transit! They go pretty fast don't they!

morrisman1, Mar 8, 11:15am
sweet bro, could it crack the tonne!

incar., Mar 8, 11:22am
Gezz your a bright spark, Not!

strobo, Mar 8, 11:29am
not so bright yourselfif i cared(not) to point outallyour bad advice along theway !

secca2, Mar 8, 11:38am
haha ha, you say its a fail then you say if they fail it, i say you dont know what your saying. bro

desmodave, Mar 8, 6:07pm
Welcome to TM motorsjohnny

rpvr, Mar 8, 7:20pm
How can you be frank when your name is david! This name calling is getting out of hand!

mrfxit, Mar 8, 7:41pm
Seriously (for a moment) . if the underside (as Kaz suggested) is covered in oil, then it should technically be a fail with the note to read along the lines of "clean & check for leaks & repair if necessary , then represent for a wof recheck "

It's 1 of those "can't be sure of how much oil or how long it's been leaking" situations.

It's not a hard job to give the engine a reasonable clean before a wof.
Can of degreaser spray & a power nozzle/ waterblaster (karcher etc) or even a local "washworld" washbay

mrfxit, Mar 8, 7:44pm
I get called all sorts of names & yet my name is MRFXIT
Don't call me David, (Johnf_456 can tell you why)

joanie32, Mar 8, 10:25pm
VTNZ failedmy 1950 morris minor for an oil leak. I did a big song and dance, and they passed it

mrfxit, Mar 8, 10:40pm
The fail would have to be based on real or potential for oil to get on the brakes or catch fire on the exhaust or interfere with the general operation of the vehicle, (brakes/ tyres/ steering or fire including large volumes of smoke)

kazbanz, Mar 8, 10:46pm
it either had an oil leak or it diddn't -a song and dance should have made no difference

meathead_timaru, Mar 9, 12:26am
Will the real johnny please stand up!

smac, Mar 9, 12:34am
How is a 50c sized oil spill in 10min a SLIGHT leak! My definition of that would be 'running out'.

joanie32, Mar 9, 2:21am
They said it was due to the fact oil would be left on the road.

phillip.weston, Mar 9, 2:38am
a 50c piece sized drop of oil after a few mins sitting is almost certainly not a cam cover leak. if it is the side of the engine must represent a slow moving waterfall of oil and now dirt stuck to the side. I would say it would be sump plug, rear main seal or crank shaft seal to be leaking that amount. A rocker cover gasket is only $10-50 purchase so I reckon replace it anyway if it is leaking.

strobo, Mar 9, 11:43am
What a tosser ! lolwho the hell are you calling "bro" !
A leak is a leak ! simple as that.
Be it weeping , leaking or pissing out !

secca2, Mar 10, 11:48am
your the tosser bro! i'm calling you bro as your as thick as pig shit or maybe thicker i say.,. BRO

secca2, Mar 10, 11:50am
copy! Chur!