Would a slight cam cover gasket oil leak

Page 3 / 3
mrfxit, Mar 10, 7:32pm
secca2 & strobo
LOL, Must be close to time you pair of potty mouthed kindergarten kids got put back in the naughty corner.

kazbanz, Mar 10, 7:41pm
End of the day THIS sort of thread is exactly why I opposed increasing WOF check gaps.-The op's car is leaking that much oil now. -No intention of fixing the leak -how bads the leak gonna be in another 12 months.
Im not being nasty OP but unless the leak is definitely where you think it is and is as small as you think it is i'd take it as a warning maybee to look over the engine for other leaks

nightboss, Mar 10, 8:35pm
+1 Well said Kazbanz

supernova2, Mar 10, 8:55pm
I know of a Mitsi that leaks 4 ltrs of oil a week.Their driveway is an oil slick to equal that of the Rena.That car has a wof.Now that is scary on all fronts.

meathead_timaru, Mar 11, 4:07am
Hopefully, it'll be so bad that it becomes terminal. Then it's gone for good. Better than a patch up and return to the road.

strobo, Mar 11, 5:40am
Speak for yourselfMr fixit lol

kcc55a, Mar 11, 7:30am
As usual with such threads it has attracted a lot of ridiculous comments not the least being kazbanz's weird vision that the whole of the underside is covered in oil which it isnt.Its a very slight leak from the front of the cam cover.Very slight. The query actually was- would it pose a danger to motorcyclistsand therefore should fail.!
Anyway on the advice of a tradesman mechanic I took it to a VTNZ station who passed it without a comment

kazbanz, Mar 11, 8:47pm
By your own description "it only leaks a 50c sized drip when its parked"
I becha a chokkie fish if you put the car up on a hoist you'Ll see a thick line of wet/oily gunge on the lip for the sump. I bet the north south rail under the engine is wet Unless you have taken the 5 minutes to wash it off-even for that matter a couple of cloths and wipe it "clean".
M aybee your engine is the exceptionbut Ive seen under a heck of a lot of 1500-2000cc nissans where the rocker gasket has that slight weep and almost without exception they are wet underneath

texastwo, Mar 11, 10:32pm
Wish mine leaked then it may have stopped the subframe from rusting.