Is this any good Toyota Aurion Sportivo 2009 3.6

Page 2 / 3
megan23, Feb 21, 9:30am
I only want to send $20 -23000.00

intrade, Feb 21, 9:35am
good fuel economy is 60mpg or 5 to 6 liter per 100km in this day with huge fuelprices. Toyota dont exactly have a name for that sort of economy it will add up real fast with petrol being 2.20 $ and rising when your car uses 6 or 8 liter to go 100km

chook90, Feb 21, 8:10pm
OK, honest opinion (from a guy who hates Toyotas with a passion)

I rented a "large car" in Dunedin recently so was somewhat pi$$ed when I got handed the keys to a 2012 Aurion. (May be a little OT if different to the 2009) BUT

Compared to an FG Falcon the fuel economy is absolutely outstanding (sub 8.0l per 100km and I wasnt messing about). Power - to be blunt there is bucketloads more than I imagined their would be to the point where I have no doubt it would leave an XR6 looking red faced in the overtaking stakes.

Handling was OK, nothing to write home about and I have never enjoyed the handling traits of FWD in any case. Still, it was predictable and for normal family use it would be hard to fault.

Comfort was exceptional, road noise almost non existent and all the features made it a pleasant weekend of driving.

Do not make the mistake of comparing to a Camry - there really is no comparisson.

Would I own one over my current Falcon - probably not but in truth it is ONLY the handling dynamics and FWD that would swing it in the Falcons favour.

lk104, Feb 21, 9:48pm
60mpg! - I dont think so, not even the Hybrids get that!
That equates to less than 4lt per 100km.
The Aurion on open roads doing 100km will can get under 6L per 100km.
For a V6 thats great fuel economy.

splinter67, Feb 21, 9:53pm
If it will get 6l per 100k why did toyota build a hybrid camry. Do you have somewhere we can see these fuel figures!

lk104, Feb 21, 9:55pm
I get those figures from driving an Aurion.

splinter67, Feb 21, 10:01pm
Now not wanting facts to get in the way of a good story but toyota says 7.4 l per 100k how are you getting better than that

lk104, Feb 21, 10:05pm
Might stand corrected on that , maybe it was under 8 that I was getting.
It was a while ago.
Still pretty good for a V6 though.

smac, Feb 22, 8:21am
If he's using it on the open road, why not!

My Falcon is rated at 9.9, but it's average over several thousand k's is 8.5If I just measure an open road trip it's 7.6 or less depending on the road.

stevo2, Feb 22, 5:15pm
I agree with this post 100% and wouls add that it gets a big thumbs up for reliability as well.

msigg, Feb 23, 2:09am
chook90, is the best post here. Spot on.

incar., Feb 23, 4:18am
you would be one of just a few who couldn't justify the price, like someone said it would be one of the best cars out there for the price at the moment, i think alot of negative comments about really well made, reliable with low service costs vehicles come from very boring one track minded twats

smac, Feb 23, 4:42am
You've changed your tune.

I'm sure they are excellent value for money. Everyone seems to think they are, so it must be true.

However whether I could justify the extra cost over and above something else that suited my needs perfectly, for $5k-$10k less, is really dependent on my requirements and circumstances, not somebody else's assessment.

carkitter, Feb 23, 8:41am
Something you may not know. the lead designer on the Aurion was a former winner of the Wheels Magazine 'Young Designer of the Year' competition whose prize included a job with Toyota Australia. The resulting design of the Aurion is fresh, sporty and tough looking, a style which looks like it was serious in taking the large car fight to Falcon and Commodore. I wish it could have been RWD. I always liked the Aurion whereas the previous Avalon was just a joke. Never driven either of them unfortunately.

richardmayes, Feb 23, 9:18am
We have one in our office pool. it's just a Camry with a lovely Lexus engine and gearbox in it. and no doubt uprated suspension to suit. It will drag just about anything away from the 100km/h traffic lights along the Western Hutt Road. The engine is a lot better than the rest of the car, so although there's all the power you need and the ride is nice, the handling is not really as good as better FWD V6s on the twisty stuff. but you'll only notice that if you like driving fast! Also the transmission is very smooth but seems to be designed for a luxurious car floating along on a superhighway, and despite the up/down stick it isn't really responsive enough for sporty driving and keeping the revs up through tricky corners etc.

But then I have been very disappointed with the ride refinement of several commonwhores I've driven, and with modern tyres the reality is you simply do not need "RWD handling" to cope with 190kw any more. so I would own an Aurion over a 6 cylinder Falcodore if age & price were comparable, because I'd trust Japanese engineering a lot sooner than Australian engineering!

Big old BS to some of the depreciation comments. A big part of the general public is absolutely besotted with toyotas, hence the prices even vary old, very plain models go for.

austingtir, Feb 23, 9:44am
Agreed jazz in particulars post was just crazy how much is a passat going to devalue in the same amount of time as a aurion. it scares me even thinking about it.

smac, Feb 23, 8:00pm
That was the sticking point for me.

Also, I was only skimming the comments before about economy of the Aurion.

I think the comments above are completely false. They are not applicable to the 2009 3.5 engine. Under 6l per 100km! pfft. Under 8! pfft.Maaaaybe if all you do is tootle along the highway, but I'd have my doubts.

chook90, Feb 23, 10:32pm
I'd struggle to believe anything near 6l per 100km but can vouch for sub 8l per 100km with mixed city/highway driving and not messing about in the process.

smac, Feb 23, 11:00pm
What transmission!

austingtir, Feb 23, 11:34pm
Ford, Advanced and 90's in the same sentence.Wot wot whaaaat!!

bellky, Feb 24, 1:24am
Priceless.

incar., Feb 24, 3:10am
smac wrote:
You've changed your tune.

if you can't beat them, dob them in
Trademe wrote
Dear Carl,
We??

skyblue17, Feb 24, 3:27am
Permanently would be good. One glance at your feedback alerts everyone as to what kind of man you are.

incar., Feb 24, 3:42am
are you one that also can't handle reality!

smac, Feb 24, 4:14am
incar what the hell have you done with that quote, why is my name in there with that other crap!