Toyota blade 3.5 v6 ?

phalanax, Jun 28, 3:21am
What are these like, anyone got one. ? This ones a trd version. would they handle the odd trailer load to the dump.

skull, Jun 28, 3:27am
Had one before our current car, loved it and regretted selling it. Should have kept it as the second car. Get the G spec one if you can, it has active cruise control which is just starting to turn up on todays cars.

phalanax, Jun 28, 3:31am
What did you upgrade to? , Would they pull a trailor load of firewood on a short trip easy enough without damaging the trans?

skull, Jun 28, 4:03am
We have got a diesel Ford Kuga now and won't be replacing that with anything other than another Kuga. We kept our 2003 Honda Accord as a second car but really should have kept the Blade as it was more enjoyable to drive. Blade never had a towbar, partly influenced decision to keep the Honda. I really don't think you would expect transmission damage grabbing a load of firewood once in a while. You're not going to be wide open throttling it with a load on a trailer.

jason_247, Jun 28, 4:21am
Should pull it easy without damage.

If you want to be safe replace fluid with full synthetic.
Which id do anyway if its not been done before.

And chuck on a trans cooler if its going to be driven hard or tow alot.

But the engine and trans pulling a blade and trailer is still sinilar weight to the same drivetrain pulling the big fat lexus it also comes in

intrade, Jun 28, 4:21am
seen plenty v6 with cracked rear head bank toyota inclusive.

jmma, Jun 28, 4:59am
Oh the doom merchant has arrived (o:

cjohnw, Jun 28, 5:08am
I have one 2008. Don't tow with it thou.
I sold a v8 and bought the Blade as I wanted something a bit smaller in size. Had it 2 years and still happy with it.

phalanax, Jun 28, 7:49am
Ok sounds like it will be a reliable car. comes with a 1 year free warranty. getting from a Toyota dealership so if anything goes majorly wrong im guessing the warranty will cover it. (if it gets a cracked head il get them to view your post#6) Was gonna get a 1.8 corolla sedan. but thought it might struggle with a towbar. and couldnt afford the later year aurion which had higher ks

franc123, Jun 28, 7:59am
A 2GRFE in a Blade is not likely to crack a head, that is misinformation. If you like it, buy it.

cjohnw, Jun 28, 8:09am
+1
I am sure it will bring the smile to the dial.
Enjoy.

lusty9, Jun 28, 11:34am
my wife has the Gspec from new and loves it. Great power for a small car, will leave most similar powered cars in the dust. I spose it will tow a trailer, any car would but why would you its basically a corolla on P

phalanax, Jun 29, 10:21am
Towbars are just so handy to have. an added bonus is they buffer a vehicle that gets to close. Ive had 2 instances of vehicles banging in to me at lights and because I had a towbar there was no damage to my vehicle.
Yep getting the 'blade'. theyre fitting a towbar and band expander Im gonna debadge it and put nice straight 'corolla' badges on it. (not impressed with the masterg or blade badge ) . Anyone know if its possible to change the gps map language to english?

mazzman, Jun 30, 3:36am
+1 for the 3.5 V6. I have a 2007 & Love it. The tiptronic can be a bit meh but that's hardly worth the complaint. I haven't had any trouble with the car.

brapbrap8, Jun 30, 7:35am
Nope, rip out the stereo/GPS and replace it.
The GPS won't work here anyway even if it was english.

ianab, Jul 1, 7:59am
I tow a single axle trailer with mine, no worries. Plenty of power, you are mostly limited by the car's weight, or lack of it. Same tow rating as a Corolla, just you don't have to slow down going up the hills ;) You have similar power to a 6cyl Commodore, just not the vehicle weight to handle a heavy trailer.

They do need the fancy adaptor for the trailer lights, which adds to the cost.

bwg11, Apr 4, 10:35am
Driven one briefly. Drive very nicely, not a "lead tipped arrow", like the early V6 Golfs. The linked trailer interface will sort the trailer wiring quite cheaply.
http://www.anythingelectronic.co.nz/aenz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_85&products_id=191