Consumer Guarantees Act- Vehicle bought new 07

Page 2 / 2
henderson_guy, Jul 30, 4:28pm
So after all this ranting and raving about the CGA and all that, has anyone actually found what the fault is yet?

tgray, Jul 30, 7:17pm
I thought we were talking about the original poster and whether they have a claim under the CGA in their particular case.
If not, then I am mistaken and apologise.

tillsbury, Jul 30, 8:04pm
Ummm aren't airbags supposed to be replaced after 10 years anyway?

networkguy, Jul 31, 5:57am
Nope, I am still talking about that and I am still saying you can't simply dismiss it based on the vehicle being 8 years old.

tgray, Jul 31, 6:08am
What I am saying is you will not prevail at the disputes tribunal, if you say "My airbag light came on and I want the retailer I bought it from 8 years ago to fix it free of charge for me".
This kind of issue can be relatively inexpensive to fix (scan and part replacement) and cannot be compared with an engine failure or the like.
8 years later. really FFS.
OK, you have your fixed view and I promise not to post any more. Really!
Over and out.

thunderbolt, Aug 7, 5:49am
No updates on this one?
I guess it must all be resolved then. -

ozz1, Aug 7, 6:04am
so? but where is the rudeness?. mite be illegal? but rude? seems to be a cop out.

networkguy, Aug 9, 1:10am
Wikipedia defines rudeness as : Rudeness (also called impudence or effrontery) is a display of disrespect by not complying with the social norms or etiquette of a group or culture.

To lie to your customers and state a 1 month warranty is disrespecting the customer, you are trying to make them believe they only have a 1 month warranty where the law clearly says otherwise. Good etiquette and the social norm is to look after your customer and not mislead them - if you sell an item that should last longer under the CGA, then why are you trying to make them think they only have a 1 month warranty? All you are doing is misleading those that don't know better, and I'm pretty sure that fits the definition of rudeness.

elect70, Aug 9, 1:47am
What do they expect out of todays junk appliances , lucky to get 3 years trouble free out of it . only has a build life of about 5-6 years

rpvr, Oct 21, 4:03pm
I've bought cars over ten years old from dealers, and never once has one told me "this is an end of life vehicle you are buying."