Police Check Point

Page 2 / 2
pauldw, Mar 16, 1:52am
You'd have to be blind to speed towards a checkpoint. Are you sure she wasn't just saying you should have done more of the slowing down preparing to stop routine? If you are a cop in the middle of the road even 50k would feel too fast :-D

nukhelenc, Mar 16, 2:17am
Ya cant see them till ya round the corner and they sit down the straight. Radar was going crazy, Its a well known breath test spot.

next-to-normal, Mar 16, 2:26am
everyone is speeding, everyone is guilty, end of story

elect70, Mar 16, 3:14am
I got stopped at a seat belt /WOf /rego checkpiont once , trainees & instructor , warned me for not wearing my seatbelt so i asked him " why dont you go a check all the mongrel mobs cars or something they are bound to be illegal & leave us busy poor hardworking service men alone ' 1 female recruit smiled but boss gave her a dirty look

skiff1, Mar 16, 5:12am
bread huh? How do you do that? Flour before the egg, or no?

nukhelenc, Mar 16, 5:55am
Hmm yeah my spelling, but i think its the egg first, since it just rolled in.
If ya google making bread ya can find out the order i suppose.
It should have been breed since ya couldn't decide what i was saying :)

w202merc, Mar 16, 7:11am
yes i have no respect for them either, after multiple cases where they have proved to have been wrong radar vs GPS etc, all they are after is a conviction they are not out to help you anymore they are a for profit business that likes to harass anyone who drives a car most traffic offences i see are committed by the police them selves (do as i say and not as i do) all respect lost after all this 4kph bullshit that did not work! just as a matter of interest did he get done for 55 or 100km/h? though i am very grateful for ability to use radar detector in this country to even the playing field when overtaking for example, i wouldn't dare own a fast car in Victoria if the NZ public did not speak up like they did over Christmas we would have a revenue state far worse then we have now just like VIC, i have to admit at least all revenue in VIC goes back into the roading network, how ever the speed limits are far too low there and in NZ we are not driving 1960's cars anymore when our speed limits were set most NZ roads can safely be traveled at 120km/h depending on condition and vehicle and driver.

socram, Mar 16, 8:22am
He got done for 55kph. Had I been on the bench, I think I would have been having a few words with the cops.

"Proof" is not one person's assessment against another's denial. I do believe that some of the cops believe that a lone rider - especially a younger one - will just have to accept the ticket as no court is ever going to back the rider's version of events.

IF the police could be trusted 100% and also accepted that there are always going to be the odd one or two who slip through the net without proof, then we'd be a lot more comfortable. Every one who tells a lie to get a conviction is no better than the overseas cops who take bribes and makes it more difficult for those who do the job honestly.

klrider, Mar 16, 6:54pm
Wow, you are amazing, so cool, what a guy. Did you come up with that all by yourself? Hopefully your kids were in the car so they could see how cool their brave dad is towards the cop who warned you for an offence he could have given you a ticket for.

elect70, Mar 17, 3:41am
yep petty plods wasting my time , in middle of urgent service calls in inner city .

loose.unit8, Mar 17, 3:53am
But hang on, "what you think you were doing" is irrelevant to what actual speed you are going, considering speedo accuracy, time between glances and all that.

nukhelenc, Mar 17, 9:13am
Yip let them ask the Qs
Think long and hard b4 you reply, I'm thinking im just always going to say NO.
Well to most things anyway.

nukhelenc, Mar 17, 9:34am
Few years back this old koozer went into the 3rd right hand lane just before the set of lights, ( Wharf St )
Then right on the other side of the lights its (Portsmouth drive) I didn't know lol.
So i went past him in middle lane as hes in 3rd, i got past but my trailer he side swiped as he tried to come back into my lane. I went through lights, he followed tooting his horn all the way.
I turned right into next st and stop, he pulls up behind, long story short i told him to stfu as he was rambling to death, i called the cops coz he wanted but had no phone.
Baby cop comes ( Shes NEW ), for some reason b4 she arrived he parked in-front of me.
She talks to him, then me, she ask where did it happen, i said down the road ( Portsmouth drive)
Shit i didn't know then but it was really wharf st.
I got a ticket.
I let it go to court.
Sat in court all day with a friend, McKenzie Friend.
Ex allblack hogged all the time
Judge says come back on blah blah day. I wrote it down
Went back, Oh shit it was the day b4 i should have been back.
I paid $400.00 odd bucks to the court, both of us self employed, loss of money for almost 2 days for both.
Busted when it wasn't even my fault.
I need a car cam
I should have just slapped on the anchors on and blocked rush hour traffic
I should not have called the cops.

I should add his insurance joint got in-touch with me, i told them to rack off as i would never pay them and had instructed my insurance to not pay after i told them what happened. At least i never paid that part, or my insurance :)

I know if im in the wrong, and would always say so. I'm insured. But if im not in the wrong then no way. But yet they shafted me

skiff1, Mar 17, 10:51am
Does your user name mean "nuke Helen Clarke"?

969pnz, Mar 2, 12:58am
Nice reply!