05 Nissan Stagea dash lights

Page 1 / 2
bumfacingdown, Sep 28, 7:34pm
Up date time
The scan came up with something like a p0345 fault.
Left hand cam sensor.
I still have no idea what the slip light means or what connection there is between a cam sensor and the traction control

intrade, Sep 28, 7:49pm
what scantool and did they scope the sensor with a digital oscilloscope for fault?

bumfacingdown, Sep 28, 7:54pm
Again, I can't tell you what the name of the scan tool was but yes the sensor was tested with an oscilloscope in situ.

intrade, Sep 28, 8:10pm
so sensor replaced and now fine?
other faults can get set because they are on a same network or when the engine plays up so does the gears in a transmission as they are driven bye the engine . setting codes.
its called logical backtracking of plausebility. Then testing and then making a call on a repair solution.

snoopy221, Sep 28, 8:13pm
its called logical backtracking of plausebility

***Likes***

bumfacingdown, Sep 28, 8:14pm
Yep, new sensor and faults gone, car back to as was.
But, what is the Slip thingy?

bigfatmat1, Sep 28, 9:51pm
It's saying because there is a engine fault we are disabling these other systems because we need that sensor information

intrade, Sep 30, 2:20pm
or in my instance my astra had 3 transmission codes one was transmission torque converter speed inplausible another svs via can . and something else .
the problem was a missfire on cilinder 2 and sometimes on cilinder 4 .
this caused the engine speed rotation to be mon constant non linear during the missfire events and the speed sensor on the torque converter detected it and started to set transmission codes. Absolute 0 things wrong with the transmission. the codes are just a byproduct of a other cause.

bumfacingdown, Sep 30, 2:24pm
Thanks BFM, unfortunately with out the full knowledge of how these things work it still leaves me in awe.
You don't know what the slip light is for do you, never seen it come on even when TC is being used (or not)

bumfacingdown, Sep 30, 2:26pm
"the codes are just a byproduct of a other cause"
And there in lies a problem with so much computing being done in cars and so many computers "talking" to each other

bigfatmat1, Sep 30, 2:47pm
it normally comes on during loss of traction but could be on if tc light or abs light is on. Not uncommon. If you have any queries pop into my work and discuss or scan. Happy to help

bumfacingdown, Sep 30, 3:20pm
Cheers, thanks BFM, just never saw that light comiong on when driving, have tested out the TC and tested it with out, still not seen it.
Keep you in mind although fingers Xed your skills will not be needed (alas, its a car with computers so probably will)

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 11:51am
That stay on.
Engine check
Slip
TCon
Any clues, while it is at the Drs, as to what they commonly indicate

toyboy3, Sep 15, 11:55am
$$$

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 11:56am
Thanks, may have figured that part out though

poppy62, Sep 15, 2:16pm
Strange why the resident Nissan buff never seems to comment on any technical inquiries. Guess he's watching "stangs" lining up against Renault Twizzys on you tube. Anyway BFD this link may give you a clue or 3.

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/238221-r34-warning-lights-hicas-tcs-off-slip-engine-light/

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 2:35pm
Thanks poppy, seems to cover anything from dirty sensor contact to "you need a new engine"
Ahh well, should just be patient and await the Drs report

kazbanz, Sep 15, 5:47pm
with that many fault lights I'd be thinking dudd battery first.

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 6:18pm
Battery OK and not very old, apparently removing and reconnecting did not clear lights
Got it back from local garage, which unfortunately is not a Nissan agent and their computer would not talk to the car computer so at this stage none the wiser as to why

electromic, Sep 15, 6:26pm
You're joking! Even the little bosh unit at supercheep will 'talk' to your stagea computer. There are some things it can't do but would give you a good idea of what is wrong.

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 6:32pm
Can only go by what the mechanic told his boss.
Seemed strange to me but I would also like to know if grand garages, which are a franchise after all, are not allowed to have opposition friendly gear

vtecintegra, Sep 15, 6:32pm
I had some weird issues with a V35 Skyline - turns out the body control module (down under the battery tray) had got a bit damp.

There are little drains down there that tend to get blocked up so it'd be worth a look.

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 6:39pm
Hmmm, interesting, will have a look in daylight tomorrow, battery just in front of windscreen left hand side, the same as Skyline?

vtecintegra, Sep 15, 6:54pm
Yep they're basically the same car.

intrade, Sep 15, 7:16pm
do you remember what i told you about 2005 nissan.