05 Nissan Stagea dash lights

Page 2 / 2
bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 7:18pm
That it was a great car and far better than any Passat?

intrade, Sep 15, 7:27pm
No that they are all shite cars especially 2005 onwards with a can bus wire corroded it wont eaven start.
it dont matter what you buy you need a launch scanner or the factory one on a nissan consult 3 if they dont talk that that is a clue to what is wrong already.

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 7:35pm
"they dont talk that that is a clue to what is wrong already"
Which is and will cost what?

intrade, Sep 15, 7:47pm
if the tool that you know should talk does not talk to the port = you need a wiring diagramm and start doing mesurments like power grounds on the data link conector then take it from there . from your discription i would say its a wiring issue like water in a fuse box who often is the main comand center computer for loads of sub controllers.
From your discription i would say all codes are most probably lies that must be proofen to be lies and then moved on till the actuarl problem is found.
aecs.net does training in south island also so i would ring them to ask who to take your nissan to for propper diagnosis.

bumfacingdown, Sep 15, 7:54pm
Thanks for that intrade, could be that vtecintegra is on to something.
Going to take it to the auto sparky on Monday or next stop is to the Nissan dealer

ema671, Sep 16, 9:17pm
I think its the camsensor

bumfacingdown, Sep 16, 10:11pm
I think I wait until I get it to a computer that will speak to the car computer now seeing as it is obviously not a common known fault to show up

bumfacingdown, Sep 18, 10:37am
For intrade and those others with scan tool knowledge.
Scan came back with this code
p1815m mode switch
and
ecm p0345 cmp sen/circuit-b2

intrade, Sep 18, 10:44am
what scantool was used?
From your information the ligical thing would be to test the mode switch and its wiring
see the problem is a genereic obd2 if you google iy is a camshaft position sensort fault . a send circuit fault would however be a wiring issue fault code. if the tool was a nissan consult then you would trust what the consult states it to be for further testing. anything else you could get a false code.
like a p0707 is a famouse on on a nissan where the whole transmission was repaired and it had the fault return instantly .
The real fault with a nissan scantool showed up as injector plunger stuck in high pressure fuel pump of the diesel. 7k later id also needed a whole new fuelinjection pump another 3 grand. the custommer must have been overly thrilled with a trans rebuild he never needed to start with.

bumfacingdown, Jan 6, 1:58am
Can't tell you what the scantool was, at auto-sparkys so doubt it was a Nissan specific tool.
Leaving it for a week and go for another scan and see if things the same, if so scan for which sensor is throwing a wobbley and take it from there