Help with cooling system

Page 4 / 4
tim41, Dec 24, 6:39am
now there's a figjam if there ever was one

tim41, Dec 24, 6:42am
yep why anyone would ask a question on here would be a good question to ask

itsafamilything, Dec 24, 7:36am
In response and in part Mech has written

"The lady asked where to start with her problem. For all we know it might have just gone a little warmer than she had seen it before. The first thing we do is check the water. If as you say it's already been overheated twice, and if the motor is about to blow up as so many seem to think it will if we run it, then it's doomed already, and one more run will do no harm. And Kaz, I know these motors, I've been working on them since I was seventeen, and I've owned seven over the last about thirty-seven years."

BUT the FIRST thing you have to do is through out all assumptions. You have to operate on facts! You do not know for sure that the car is equipped with a radiator! Yes the OP speaks about water but that does not necessarily mean it is a water cooled boxer. No one knows what the engine is so why assume and say you have vast experience working with them? Assume NOTHING!

mechnificent, Dec 24, 7:43am
Yeah gidday Snoop. how's things with you ?

mechnificent, Dec 24, 7:47am
A new name. did they ban you ?
You must have been naughty.
But we gotta have fun huh.

marte, Dec 24, 8:42am
#77 yep, probably just a troll post & it's a 1956 VW Beetle.

tygertung, Dec 24, 12:43pm
She must be reasonably clued up if she knows it is a boxer engine.

I'm sure we can even talk her through doing a full engine rebuild on here in fact!

mechnificent, Dec 24, 5:40pm
It might have been an old bradford van. worked on those. got a coventry boxer engine in my shed , with a complete set of spare parts ex ww2 military supply.

marte, Dec 24, 6:23pm
Alfa 33, Porsche, Chevrolet, Tucker ?

mechnificent, Dec 24, 6:33pm
Yeah but only subies overheat !

mechnificent, Dec 24, 6:38pm
I've been driving them for years but only because they were the cheapest reliable four wheel drive back in the day. First one I had was a 1400 SW. A little beauty.

But I wouldn't recommend them to anybody !

gph1961, Dec 26, 10:45pm
Amen to that sister