Ok i am fixing a comodore V6 now

Page 1 / 2
intrade, Jan 26, 5:13pm
ok a update on this one. The client maybe selling it on to somone else potentially.
He did say it only played up 1 time. After i have changed the main ecu relay. from his other v8 with all good working electrics. ecu relay of the v6 had burn marks indicating to somone with a clue its bad for sure.
The key has a rechargable battery. The lock sign was on if you recall.
I think there was not enough voltage to supply a good charge for the key and the ecu via this burned ecu relay and with a good one it charged the key battery and it now has no more problems.
ecu relay is under bonnet right hand side marked as ecu or engine control . i got a new bosch relay for his v8.
relay are a wear item just like the main contactors of a tesla

marte, Jan 26, 6:43pm
Thanks for the update. This lends weight to the instructions I was given to 'leave the key in the ignition, turned on, for over 30 mins, near 1 hour.".
It's simply recharging the battery in the key fob.

We figured it was something in the computer linking & relearning something & that it took a long time. Nah, just a flat, maybe worn out rechargable battery ( at the time ) I expect that since the cars been sitting awhile, the keys not charged up & goes flat.

I will take note of that relay, I get asked about Holden's, by owners, sorta often.

intrade, Dec 13, 8:31pm
we went to look at if its wi$orth a grand . it had good tyres and almium rims. it laso had clean green coolant. Then i di plug my scantool no comunication and a padlock in the dash no check engine light . put my gmtech 2 would not power on at all. i turned the key and it stargetd and ran mint like 2 rotations never did hear no fuelpump prime.
Anyhow let it warm up AC clutch engaged but no cooling. i said well its wroth a grand . the guy was already on its way to pay before i could say any more.

intrade, Dec 13, 8:35pm
today i pulled the engine ecu to see if it has leaked caps . all clean. and since its clean mint i put that in the OK baseket. went to hunt why i had no com with obd2 only thing i got with eucleya was 12.9 volt . found the bcm with short lead to obd2 way more easy then the astra i repaired.
Knowing that relays play up i took the bcm apart and thats what it looks insied
i am going to ring them if that padlock in instrument cluster referes to that fault tomorrow.

ps i found the ecu and bcm easy as with my 300$ flashlight
http://www.anythingelectronic.co.nz/aenz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_20&products_id=295 thats whats inside the failing relays are for sale on digikey but client said go ahead and send in without asking what the cost will be i recon all relay have to be replaced and then tested on bench if they hopfully hace a rig. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachments/photo-jpg.155370/

gph1961, Dec 13, 9:21pm
that flashlight a good investment and adds to your repairing pleasure

cjohnw, Dec 14, 7:42am
You just cannot make this shit up!
No matter how hard you might try.

serf407, Dec 14, 11:07am
Will the new Magnite suv hold the torch for Nissan in India, with competitive pricing?

https://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/uv/will-the-magnite-suv-break-nissan-jinx-in-india/79635598

budgel, Dec 14, 11:11am
It brightens up his day!

intrade, Dec 14, 11:20am
i put my 300$ flashlight on the firewall under the dash to see and work on the 1 clip to undo the body controller . so yea he is spot on nothing made up my 300$ flashlight always works its why i paid this much for it . so i can work relaxed and efficient.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeUOX1QnEo&ab_channel=PhilipsAutomotiveLightingEurope
i see comedian cadogan is peddeling a 300$ flashlight also lol

toyboy3, Dec 14, 11:23am
A flash of inspiration!

kingfisher21, Dec 14, 2:29pm
What year Commodore? Pre around 2005 Commodores are NOT OBDII

kingfisher21, Dec 14, 2:34pm
VR->VY V6's run "ALDL"
VR->VT S1 V8's run "ALDL"
VTs2->VY 5.7V8's(not 100% sure when the 6.0L came out) run "VPW OBDII"
VZ->VE V6 run "OBDII CAN"
VZ( or when ever they changed the V8 over) -> VE 6.0L V8 run "OBDII CAN"

strobo, Dec 14, 4:12pm
Correct :, but the 300$ Flashe Light ?"There are none so blind as those who will not see.Probably better he spewed out the year and engine specifics, model etc ,they all had their own idiosyncrasies of sorts.

franc123, Dec 14, 4:28pm
GM Tech1 covers VR/S, Tech2 is compatible with ALL VT through VE inclusive, what motor is in it or what protocol its using is irrelevant. Theres either no power in the DLC or maybe the wrong PCMCIA card being used. Hard to know without seeing the setup.

strobo, Dec 14, 4:34pm
The padlock is generally an immobilization lock out ,Try the spare key. ,If it's the 3.6 Litre v6 the timing chain is likely the oops of all problems.The factory diagnostic tools are the right ones to use , exclusive at the dealership.

intrade, Dec 14, 4:41pm
it started and ran fine with padlock in dash. the wrong pcmcia card is possible as i have the opel one in there. eucleya showed i had 12.9 volt that did mean i have had power on dlc . it also had extreem slow indicators . and no check engine light on the dash cluster.

intrade, Dec 14, 4:44pm
non of the 5 obd protocoll found any comunications showing 12.6 volt in my eucleza scantool that to me means there is power and ground at the dlc Tech 2 nada zip no powering on on that with tech 2 opel pcmcia
dont know if that comodore was never made as opel.
and the fuse was fine. The thing is i did hear it run and driven it 5km it ran as if its absolutly fine.
So i presume they can test the bcm as per above the lockout problem is discribed as the repair solution .
it ran absolut mint 1 rotation and it ran on all 6 . to my surprise

intrade, Dec 14, 4:51pm
you cant tell me that 3500 bux scantools cant get any data what so ever via obd2 who is a emission plug and GM gasoline are the first to comply to global obd2 emissions. if it was a toyota id be not surprised if it would give me zip nada. in 2004
thats the fuse box i found under the bonnet.
https://i.imgur.com/bDcI159.jpg
only real symptom i have notices was indicator worked but was like tiiickk toook they stayed on for like 3 secounds then 3 secounds off

strobo, Dec 14, 5:35pm
Ok ,

franc123, Dec 14, 5:45pm
Unless you have the right card for Aust/NZ I doubt anything will work. There is a separate card for all the Isuzu based stuff too. Tech2 is generally not used on post 2011 product either unless it's a late VE Holden.

strobo, Dec 14, 5:54pm
Just a "by the way" the Holden VR was at one point badged a Toyota Lexcen differences only in body styling only apparently :-) .: So what is it your working on ? or is that too sensitive?

kingfisher21, Dec 14, 7:31pm
If you are mucking with Commodores this is the best software to use and his cables. I have all the cables and software from him, pity you are so far away.
https://www.envyouscustoms.com/diagnostics/

marte, Dec 14, 8:39pm
A mate just cleared the engine light on the dash by pushing the 2 'up/down' buttons on the oval shaped centre dash control, and then pushing something else.
He had the key immo problem after fitting a new trans & just left the key in & on for over a hour & that fixed it.
I can get better details if you want.

If changing the trans, remove the short loom attached to the trans NOT at the trans. At it's other end.
Then fit it to the new trans, fit the trans, then connect it at the other end.
We ended up pushing the whole socket into the trans trying to plug it in & had to remove the trans again. Shitty plastic socket fitting.

I have a gearbox computer out of a circa 2000 Commodore Police car, well Google said it is, dunno what the difference is though.

apollo11, Dec 14, 9:45pm
His wife got a boob lift and he got a lousy $300 torch. Where's the fairness in that?

intrade, Dec 15, 8:19am
ok i could actuarly not sleep half the night . because i think i am in a rabbit hole with no NUG . Because of what you guys told me . I got up in the night to see if my gm tech was dead then i seen the candy addon and was thinking maybe thats whyz and then maybe the original pcmcia has the emission software on it . Then i woke up and recalled i have the Snapon tool with keys and that has 100% the correct comodore software to talk to it. plus i need to see what pins it uses and plug in the diag extender box and the 3500 pico to see if it talks on the line or if it really is dead.
Because i did ring them , and what it seems i should have knowen it.
Basically thez want me to tell them what the fault is in the bcm computer what ever and then they fix it. if i need to do that i may as well fix it my self as its not like its hard to solder on it .