Ok i am fixing a comodore V6 now

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Dec 15, 8:30am
i am also going to see where i get the holden pcmcia card for just in case it needs service programming . like the astra and i powerd it up there is no holden comodore there is a vaxhaul ss or something listed only the pcmcia goes to 2014 for opel the holden astra was a opel. as this thing looks easy and is anything but.
the other ecu repairer wanted to know what ecu it was and then said sorry cant help you. So there is no point sending in a computer unit if they cant test nothing much.
i should be ok if the snapon key is still in the kit for comodore holdens i hope.
The keys are to reconfigure the pins of the data link to the scanner.
Its why i always say you be doing as good as squat with your 100 dollhair scanner from the onhang low district
Look where i am with tools that cost more then most of your car is worth.
So going back to square 1 means it could just be the battery and or 1 key has a missing or faulty transponder.
Good news is no one has messed with only seen one bodge wire to the headlight got to put that up on the whitboard. Slow indicators and that padlock stay on in dash till you start are the only clues i have to revert to.

intrade, Dec 15, 12:18pm
dashboard
http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=4r4s14g2.kar.jpg pinout obd 2 port you can see what pins are used http://www.iforce.co.nz/i/zdjgfs2h.2g5.jpg its a clean engine ran mint So actuarly no real problems like non start. http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=0lhbdub0.mv5.jpg you can see the padlock just next to the brake (0) icon in the beam of the light http://www.iforce.co.nz/View.aspx?i=gtx5ezjb.nnh.jpg
if you rightclick immmage and select show grafics. this also helps yoom and unzoom on tradme immages. on linux anyhow

msigg, Dec 15, 12:40pm
I think you should go back to bed and get more sleep. No good having an accident over a $ 1000 car.

intrade, Dec 15, 1:25pm
https://www.vetronix.com/collections/tech-2/products/gm-tech2-software?variant=22770751373370
this is where i got my gm tech purchased from was shipped from the onehanglow district also but seems to be the good clone. So i probably best order all the pcmcia cards i dont own

strobo, Dec 15, 1:48pm
Like a Vy I had the key was dropped in a puddle of water and had tried drying it out . the immobilizer light was doing weird shit and the door unlock /lock function yet still a runner!Split the key open and found some corrosion blew it out with some electrical spray .it worked and didn't .ended up getting 2 new keys done.spare with new bat and completely new for other.problem fixed.The other thing if there is an after market head unit in the dash and the factory radio has been removed may affect the immobilizer system too .Depending on the model commode you have .

strobo, Dec 15, 2:05pm
Another way of pulling codes using a piece of wire stripped at both ends by bridging certain points and noting the flash count.Somewhere in google you'll find how to !also the vy has it's own inbuilt OBD programme toggled within dash trip meter/unit on dash ;-)

martin11, Dec 15, 2:09pm
But then you would not have to try to use all of the fancy gear that has been purchased and by the look of the postings does not know how to use the gear . Cheaper to take it to the agents and get them to look at it .

strobo, Dec 15, 2:13pm
Exactly for all the time spent piss farting around with time and money and no clue wonders why he went straight to the bcm etc in the first place with out doing the ground work prior to plugging in finding no link to his flashe gear he's got.

marte, Dec 15, 3:44pm
Do the blinkers still 'go slow' when the hazard lights are on?
Earth connection somewhere?
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_dHbgL-CrAw2HjYQ7QZ41QrLEV0A1FSm8JQ&usqp=CAU
In this pic , the dashboard control unit, the one between the dash vents & the Speedo cluster, if you push both buttons at the same time for 4 seconds, it changes & somehow you can reset airbag &/or MIL lights or something from there.

strobo, Dec 15, 4:24pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl8G3LS5nes How to for entering OBD onboard and what parameters are avail.trouble codes pending.tests for instrument cluster .and so on other handy features.version + serial numbers Holden vy/vz

intrade, Dec 15, 4:28pm
The reason i went to look inside the ecu and bcm are obvious. Zou best look inside the ecu and body controller for leaking caps . it was cristal clear in there and the fact that there was no problem with the acual car. The problem discription comes from the seller who had it in the paddock for 1 year according to the buyer.
Well in a paddock seems to be a different meaning depending who makes the statment.
So i went there checked it over and said yes its worth 1000 bux in parts and it runs mint the engine be 600. tyre and rims 800 it has a real lowering kit not cut springs also.
I can tell him i cant fix it and walk away . but it has 2 computers only .
Personally i think its a immo issue with key . or just a bad starter battery.

intrade, Dec 15, 4:36pm
thanks that will be it. i recon if you look that car with key is also on the astra used for errors with transmission. So it looks as if the check engine light will be in the Green computer display and likely only comes on if there is most probably nothing wrong. well meaning the key is likely or a bad starter battery is the cause of no start described by seller.

marte, Dec 15, 4:39pm
A mate just called me to tell me he's wrecking a VT Commodore & I can get any bits I want off it now. Before it goes to the scrapper, It's still got the ECU etc etc in it.
I think these Commodores are way underpriced ATM, Good towing vehicle, cheap, lots of space, solid, plenty of parts, classic, reliable, easy to work on.
Everything you can't get in a different branded vehicle.

strobo, Dec 15, 4:44pm
#36 it looks like it's been the Wanganui river a year and left in a paddock drying out.If it's a runner ,it is a runner ,run the other way. 1000$ in parts is ok .It's been mucked with I can tell .the pitting on the brake pipes! Anyways dont waste your time on it intrade wash ya hands of it mate.It's worth more in parts ;-)

intrade, Dec 15, 4:58pm
when i looked at it i was thinking thats way more easy then the astra i fixed with new ecu programmed with the tech2.
Yea i agree with you from eas of work.
And As for a year in paddok yea i was thinking its a wrack . it was actuarly just parked in front of the gate where other cars would park. But i was thinking the same thing as in 1 year in paddok. There is no moist smell inside the vehicle or anything no oil leaking on engine and its got nice green coolant in system it driven perfect and as i said it fired up within 1 rotation.
The no start discription is almost as wrong as the 1 year in paddok.

But yea i was originally asked if it was worth a grand to look at it .

strobo, Dec 15, 4:58pm
Take a trailer n Grab all the bits ya can , any good seat belts,bonnet struts, console panels etc ,there comes a day when something will need replaced,

intrade, Dec 16, 4:00pm
i done thr trick with menu as per video scrolled thro error codes showed all 0000000 so i guess thats no fault codes . i noticed the red padlock did this time go out with ignition on. going to see how to open the key now . mind you the battery was disconected i get the owner to check codes should it not start . faultz battery or faulty starter motor would not set a code. key not recognised i presume would store a code for anti theft.
the key seems glued so i better dont F with it since number 1 it works and number 2 i dont have a new shell
i also put contact OL from wurth on the ecu pins. maybe that fixed the problem since it now turned the red padlock off quite quick with ignition on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6fcPFMYq3w

tygertung, Dec 16, 6:17pm
Man that guy looks stoked!

strobo, Dec 16, 8:16pm
#42 Test the key bat first , it should unlock the doors further away from the car ,if it only opens up close,, the batt is on it's last kegs.If splitting the key reuse the same shells altho new ones are easily got and cheap, run a bead of super bond around the edges to re seal it .If you did get it open then you'll find the battery welded not soldered to the tag,use some kiwi ingenuity on how to go about replacing the bat! If all circuit board and transponder looks shiney clean it's prob ok .But a stanley knife with short blade works better on the split " the knife in the vid ,the patent is yet to be approved ? is blardy dangerous ,under pressure they fold up on ya hand the blade hinge lock wears out ,I found this out !and as in the vid use screw driver blade to prise it open.The shells are hard as " " so don't be concerned of breaking them.

elect70, Dec 18, 11:19am
Another problem is crank angle sensor timing wheel can move on the shaft its only a press fit . This was found by local mech after dealer had replaced timing chains but still ran rough But
its on the back of the engine & have to take trans out.

intrade, Dec 18, 7:13pm
they went for a test drive i showed em how to pull error codes as per above posts. The red lock did go out since i had the computers unplugged and used the würth OL contact cleaner . Also changed the ecu relay from the black v8 they also own. i got the old one here to replace with a new one it has clear visible burn marks on the relay. Fingers crossed i dont get a call that it stoped . showed em the dodgey egr GM have the same valve i have in my punto blanked off.

strobo, Dec 18, 8:30pm
elect70 wrote:
Another problem is crank angle sensor timing wheel can move on the shaft its only a press fit . This was found by local mech after dealer had replaced timing chains but still ran rough But
its on the ! !.
Strobo;
Correct that :-) but the chains was mostly the issue with the LY7 3.6 .alloy tech ve.! 1/premature stretch 2/ poor quality chains and 3/ lack of lube on one chain more than the other.One bank had poorer ventilation than the other bank with only one PCV with a small 1.5mm hole.Cruddy oil into the mix and restricted oil flow.The chains didn't last the distance.They should be good for 300.000 but were failing well short of that ,under 100,000 in some cases less.Faulty chains were replaced in many VE's with modified parts done under warranty.
But I believe that Intards Holden was a 3.8 with none of those issues anyway.

intrade, Dec 19, 8:36am
we shal see if it stops i am supposed to get a immage with the fault codes currrently just all 0000000000000 . i also told em about that always faulting erg valve , i blanked it on my fiat as i had it stall when i came to roundabouts and the fiat has a fuel injector light as check engine obd1 also one car that wont talk to no scantool .The fiat did not behave like a tzpical egr fault and the valve always closed again on restart. Found it because on a fiat forum said the single only reason thet check engine light will come on is the EGR valve. and woala it was . So yea that holden has that valve also. As my astra had no EGR externally thats the egr sticks open only till engine deied on my punto then closes to make sure you wont find the problem
Well i did after i had the oscilloscope on ll and everything but the egr valve and electronically that egr valve was fine so i would have to scope it while driving and see that th ecu wanted to close it
so blanked it off it now has at times a bit irraticle idle for a secound due to thinking it has to rais rpmp when the egr opens and there is no lowering of egr , its arround 2200 rpm where it supposed to open and close so if you drop fast off the 2200 rpm you have it over and undershoot idle target. and since its 96 fiat with GM rocheseter it wont turn on any MIL or set codes for blanked egr. the 2004 Holden probably could need a new valve depending on if or not it can notice the flow restriction. The mass airflow is lower with egr on 1996 Fiat has only map. manifold absolut pressure. mesures difference of the 1 bar air we breath in and the difference inside the intake so cant figure out if the volume has changed with egr. it assumes its on and acts upon.
http://www.agcoauto.com/content/images/diagnosis/egr_valve_electronic.jpg

intrade, Sep 22, 6:47pm
be awear This is not proofen 100% as i never seen a wiring diagramm . as that would be to look where the ignition wireless charge gets its power from. its a assumption i made based on what i done and what happened after. but yea definetly ecu relay i fixed a random no start on a psssat also with a new vag relay for a passat. based on age the car was and it was fine after.