Full tank of gas when buying from a dealer?

Page 3 / 3
christin, Aug 2, 9:33pm
I can’t remember with my cars if I got one. The last one I did as it was new. Part of ORC which I didn’t pay.

Was great. Lasted me a few weeks as only do about 350k a fortnight and 65 litre tank,

pauldw, Aug 3, 9:14am
I borrowed the office Holden in the early 90s. Got caught by fuel tank being so flat you could have more than 1/4 on gauge yet pick up would be dry if you dropped wheels into gutter.

3tomany, Aug 3, 9:33am
Just a matter of picking ya virtue moments. I am the guy that always puts petrol in the wrorkshop loaner as i would hate to rip off either the owner or the poor bugger that uses it next. Tourists do not give me the same warm feelings as i pick up their rubbish and dodge their poo's around my farm.

alowishes, Aug 3, 2:21pm
Did your boss not know how to take notice of a fuel gauge?

sw20, Aug 3, 3:13pm
New car, unfamiliar with the layout. I'd be more concerned driving it safely on the test drive than checking the fuel gauge. You aren't getting an aircraft ready for takeoff.

kazbanz, Aug 3, 3:23pm
Fair enough for a couple of km but 10km? That was his muck up.

stevo2, Aug 3, 5:51pm
Dont know and sorry but I cant ask him for you. He died 20 years ago.

stevo2, Aug 3, 5:56pm
5km to get out of the city limits. Drive for 2 km at 100kph and turn around to head back. Didnt make it. Remember this was in the days before fuel warning lights or cellphones. I guess some think that 1 litre of fuel in the tank for a test drive is all that should be provided.

cjohnw, Dec 14, 9:10am
I agree. I don’t think 10 - 20 km is unreasonable tor a test drive.
Once round the block tells you nothing.
This nearly empty fuel tank thing is an old dealer trick to limit you being away with the vehicle for hours - IMO.