Car brought from dealers.

Page 1 / 3
curiousgrl, Apr 9, 3:46am
and got flat tyre went to put on spacesaver and the tyre doesnt fit my car.

has anyone had this problem before!

bellky, Apr 9, 3:56am
Bad luck there.

eddiedean, Apr 9, 3:57am
that sucks, feel bad for you, dodgy car dealing scum

lotuseye, Apr 9, 3:59am
Doubtful that the dealer would have checked the spare's stud pattern, just give them a ring and get a new one off them.

bellky, Apr 9, 4:00am
That's a good idea, or swap for another one!

outbidyou2, Apr 9, 4:00am
lol, fire up

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:01am
yip that is right. i wont name the dealers but iv already had my car back there twice to get new part put in gear box needed a new solarnoid first time they must of looked at it rather then fix it because picked it up it still had the problem. now i get a flat tyre space saver doesnt go with the f****car.

Should i take it back!

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:02am
yip think il take it back see what happens i have had to borrow a mates space saver as they got same type of car.
is driving up to 40 mins on that type of wheel ok if went the speed it says-80k!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 9, 4:08am
*Bought.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:11am
yeah only realised that thanks

bashfulbro, Apr 9, 4:19am
Just take the car back to the dealer if you didn`t buy it.

ryanm2, Apr 9, 4:20am
*Solenoid

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:27am
yeah i traded in my old car with a depositand got this car put on finance. So I do own it dont have much owing on it anyway. got 3month warranty got new part put under that but still not the point they are scams. import cars in and dont do proper check overs before selling them if they dont want to see the cars they sold come back should do their job properly this problem tho is not something you would realise until you did get a flat tyre.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 9, 4:32am
Of course they don't do proper checks - that eats into margin. They take a gamble. Sometimes they win, sometimes they win a little less.

dent, Apr 9, 4:33am
I think you being a little harsh towards the dealer. Faults can occur and without the dealer going over them with a fine tooth comb and driving them for weeks they might not know. If you went back to them with a gearbox issue and they fixed it sounds like they done what was required.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:41am
that is dead right and i wont be giving up on this one but there is def some dodgy dealers out there.

gunhand, Apr 9, 4:46am
Yea you go for it. Make sure you get your correct spacesaver. Its probabaly an on going conspiracy against second hand car buyers. You may have blowen the lid on something really big here.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:49am
yip and is something to learn from in future.

fordkiwi27, Apr 9, 4:49am
you are meant to be the person doing the checking.just sayin

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 4:56am
lolyeah always check to make sure it came with one which did thats greatbut how often would you take it out of the boot ask to take wheel off and put it on to see if fits when still on a car yard for sale. how many people would do that! i would like to know the percentage of that

bellky, Apr 9, 5:00am
Dealers are meant to be selling something proper too arnt they.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:05am
yes thats right.also lets just say lucky im not elderly and had to change my tyre on a main highway and then realise you had wrong spacesaver. how will you feel!

pebbles61, Apr 9, 5:06am
I wouldn't trust a dealer with monopoly money lol. The only time one sees a stealership is when they're buying a new vehicle!

jason18, Apr 9, 5:16am
I find most dealers bloody good to deal with .Ideal cars Hamilton, Dave Allen Motors Hamilton. Kaz Millers car centre. Aucks. Dont place em all in the same boat.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:20am
luck of draw, i did get a good deal with my trade in just crap weekend had to work and then get a flat tyre and come out with wrong spacesaver but still abit fishy about this car place, just keep going back til all sorted.

what is the safest distance for these tyres anyway!