Car brought from dealers.

Page 2 / 3
gunhand, Apr 9, 5:21am
Same here, All the ones Ive dealt with have been happy to fix any faults without question. It makes you wonder why (or so its made out to be) that dealers want to rip people off all the time. You would think in an opperation that relies on turnover and hopefully repeat custom they would go out of there way to help. Mind you I have come across the odd few who dont seem overly interested at times in doing a deal. Maybe they think they can judge tyre kickers!

neo_psy, Apr 9, 5:33am
Huh, I've *never* checked to see if the spare was the correct one when I've bought a car.
Usually check that there is one, and check the condition/pressure, etc, but it's never occured to me to check that it's the right stud pattern.

Live and learn, eh!

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:37am
i have not gone or spoken to them yet about space saver as its only just happened and its easter. but the whole attitude i got from the mechanic that fixed car when needed new part i felt like taking a crap and throwing it back into his face. not good. then they said we dont want to see the car back again with problems they know they are in the wrong. watch this space il give it to them sooner than later if another problem happens.
end of story had enough of crap for a weekend.

tony9, Apr 9, 5:37am
Bought a new car recently, there is no spare.Just a can of tyre repair and a small compressor.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:39am
i needed a new car my old car had better days got sick of working on it.i got a new car thinking car problems are over. I DONT THINK SO! Sick of shit

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:40am
where you buy it from this sort of stuff is more likely found in private sales not professional CAR YARDS!

tony9, Apr 9, 5:42am
It was a new Ford, from the Ford dealer.Apparently it is quite common now.

neo_psy, Apr 9, 5:44am
Yeah - few are doing that now. Saves weight and space in the boot.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:45am
they probably should of just not bothered putting one in mine aswell.

pebbles61, Apr 9, 5:48am
Well weight yes, but for space! put it under the boot, works on my car _b

And motorcycle riders have been using the foam stuff for years, not the best, but gets you going to limp to the next station/home

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:49am
wonder what type of car mine would fit. def brand new never been used.

barrie2, Apr 9, 5:50am
Mates wife had Pulsar import 2 years before getting a puncture. Yes, the stud pattern on spare was wrong! Must be so many out there with spares that will not fit.

bellky, Apr 9, 5:51am
I've never bought a car from a dealer - never could strike a good deal.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:53am
i kinder did get a good deal i needed a car at the time my car had problems so time for a new one thinking car problems are over but now i think not. i went to two dealers they were crap until i went to the one i bought this car from

bellky, Apr 9, 5:53am
Be careful of swearing, you might get told off.

pebbles61, Apr 9, 5:54am
Will never buy a car from a stealership. Only thing I do buy from them is new motorcycles.

So back to the OP, best you slap the dealer.

dent, Apr 9, 5:57am
Is the mechanic and the car dealer the same business or separate!

neo_psy, Apr 9, 5:57am
Medium/large cars not an issue. Smaller cars tend to be able to make better use of the space.

Plus, it's probably quicker and cleaner than changing a tyre.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 5:59am
same outfit.but the work shop i had to take car is off the yard its down the road but def same outfit

pebbles61, Apr 9, 6:00am
Yeah but with a new tyre on you can carry on as you were, but with the foam deal you have to 'limp'. I can deal with that on a motorcycle as you can't carry a spare (unless you're on a sidecar lol). As for getting dirty, well roll up your sleeves and clean yourself off when you're done =D

magicmat, Apr 9, 6:08am
I am kinda ambiguous towards car dealers. I have trusted my gut with them and its served me well. At the end of the day, if you are going to spend good money on a car get it independently inspected before you sign the dotted line, if there are any problems and they wont get them fixed then jog on buddy. There are benefits to dealing car sales, warranties, consumer guarantees, mechanical insurance etc. The down side is that clearly you will pay a premium for your vehicle compared to private sales, but you also have a lot of back up if it turns to custard in comparison to a private 'as is' sale.
I have to recommend auto66 in Hamilton in that regard, they did all they could to make sure I got the car I wanted (admittedly for obvious reasons), but when I had a minor issue that meant my car needed immediate attention, I was covered by insurance, they came and picked me up from my local Holden dealer and provided me a loan SS Commie while my issue was sorted. Overall, a positive experience.

grangies, Apr 9, 6:12am
Goodness me !

ROFL

gunhand, Apr 9, 6:14am
Think its time to ask what type of car and how much it cost. Which is odd it hasnt been asked yet. Could be a $1500 one for all we know.Could 30 years old.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 9, 6:15am
that's prob what they think too. they see there's a spare tyre and if its the same number of holes as the number of studs on the wheel they'd assume it'd fit. i mean if they bought that car as a tradein, there's no reason for them to believe that previous owner would deliberately replace with a non fitting one.

as tires can loose air over time, they would not go checking everyspare tyre in every car they have at the yard every week as they'd assume a keen buyer would generally either do a pre purchase inspection or check themselves to their satisfaction before handing money over.

curiousgrl, Apr 9, 6:18am
no someone from that dealers might be watching these type of threads and it is only done 80k and is 2003 nice car and is tidy just these little things are just annoying