Local wreckers buy stolen vehicle,police no action

Page 3 / 3
elza20, Jul 4, 9:36am
Make a complaint about the service you have received. Name the policemen and the area he is in. State everything right from the start where you found your car and what the police said to you.

Visit this site www.ipca.govt.nz

Independent Police Conduct Authority. They will be investigated.

Ive done it. it works real well

elza20, Jul 4, 9:38am
They have to reply to you by mail or e-mail. this will get heads rolling

austingtir, Jul 4, 9:45am
That will only catch idiots with nothing better to do.Catching real criminals takes a bit more work than that which our police force is no longer capable of doing!

supernova2, Jul 4, 9:53am
Don't quite agree, the vehicle has been located but it is still in the possession of the wrecker.Doubt very much that wrecker is going to let some guy turn up and say "hey thats mine" and then proceed to remove it from whereever it is.Lets assume that to get it out of the wrecking yard requires 50 other cars to be moved/lifted/shifted.The recovery/removal of the OP's car will require the involvement of the Police.i don't recall the Op saying that the Police should be paying.

From what the Op has said I think it fair to say that the Police have done nothing.If they have done something then surely they would be happy to keep the OP up with the play.

If OP not happy then the Police Compaints is the way to go.They will respond and it will get some action.

holden95, Jul 4, 9:54am
What ever.told someone there loved one has just died lately have you. Found a missing child / have you picked up body parts along a railway line / or been spat on, punched and abused just for wearing a blue uniform, uneducated morons need to remember: "Walk a mile in my Shoes Before you accuse, criticize, and abuse- walk a mile in my shoes.
Policemen and woman are more than half of any of these posters will ever be

sw20, Jul 4, 9:57am
A young lady I know had her car stolen from the work carpark before Christmas last year, a wreckers yard phoned her up saying they had found it and towed it back to their yard and she could have it back for the few hundred dollars towing fee.she paid up because she was so relieved to get her car back for Christmas.

holden95, Jul 4, 9:57am
IF the owner of the wreckers is aware of the stolen vehicle (which the OP says they are and have been advised by the police then they will be aware that they have to give it back to him) sounds like this has already happened as he wants to on sell it. So why would he want to on sell it if he was not in possession of it, I don't think he has told the remainder of the story but then again no-one has actually asked him , every one has just assumed the police aren't doing anything.

austingtir, Jul 4, 9:57am
^^The truth hurts obviously.

holden95, Jul 4, 10:00am
Was never legally obliged t pay for the tow, whose to say they did not actually tow it originally/steal it with the purpose of contacting her to get the tow money

holden95, Jul 4, 10:03am
No just sick of uneducated people bagging the police when they would never even make the grade. Bit two faced really isn't it. Plenty of wanted high profile criminals were and have been caught by police after being pulled over by police for traffic infringements

supernova2, Jul 4, 10:51am
As someone involved with the Courts system for over 30 years (no not as a defendent either!) I agree that the Police do have some shitty work to do.The point most of us are trying to make is that they are required to do all sorts of things and unfortunately there is a lot of basicly simply stuff that just never gets to the top of the pile.Whatever the reasons for that are is nothing top do with us.Police are funded by taxpayers to do a job and they should do it.Look at it this way.Take you car to garage and get told that will be $10000 cash up front.You pay and then never get the car back as job never done.See pay your tax - police get funded from your tax - work not done.I'm sorry but like a lot of organisations that say they are too busy if they spent less time moaning and more time working a lot more would be done.i always ask myself when I see Police items on TV news why are there so many Officers apparently just standing about!Do they really need 10 cars to follow a stolen car etc.Could go on for ever and i would hope that a thinking Police officer could see some merit in what i am saying.

smac, Jul 4, 7:56pm
The recent use of the plate recognition camera to target unlicensed and expired wofs proved what the cops already knew - many criminals wanted for more serious stuff ARE stupid enough to run around in vehicles not up to regs. The chances of the driver in such a car also being wanted for something else are pretty good. If all they were doing was using all that time and money to collect infringements then yeah I'd agree it's a waste. But the stuff they are uncovering makes it well worth while.

holden95, Jul 4, 8:57pm
One could say the same about the court. You don't pay the police so you analogyis mute.If you equate how much of your individual tax actually goes to police you would find that you actually pay for FA. All I see court staff do is sitting around just like store assistants and other occupations doesn't mean they are not doing anything just means they are transgressing between jobs. Been a long time since ten cars have been shown on the news in a pursuit but i suppose 9 of those could have been deployed to deal with thefts from unlocked cars, burglaries that actually insurance jobs etc. IN argument to Police not doing anything they are having staff cuts budgets decreases, meaning less cars, less time to attend what you want them all in reply to a lowering the crime rate. Have other government organisations made an improvement in the past five years! ACC No, IRD No, Ministry of Justice No etc etc

holden95, Jul 4, 9:05pm
Its a tool, in its early stages, and individual police cannot remember all the stolen cars number plates in NZ. If it is utilised to detect other offenses whilst being used I would say that is very good use of equipment and time

supernova2, Jul 5, 7:12am
I agree all those organisations are just as bad but this thread was about the Police and i stick by what I've said.They could work more and moan less and be far more efficient.Look at telecom as a good example of what can happen.When it was the P&T they couldn't do anything on time or properly.It became telecom and overnight it started to achieve.The police needs the same sort of shake up.

holden95, Jul 5, 7:51am
What to make 90% of its work force redundant, appoint a CEO pay him 5 million on contract and all work is now out sourced lol.