Whos watching TARGET ch3 vehicle inspections

Page 3 / 3
lyonruge, Jun 26, 10:20pm
youve misunderstood the context here kaz, unfortunately tme removed my post because i used the norty f word in it.

mrfxit, Jun 26, 10:21pm
YEp I see that but I was suggesting that a 2 part test could be offered by testers at other garages.
I said "I" would have called those tests (along with the results given) as a "basic test".
I do realize that the sample tests on tv were supposed to be "full tests"

mrfxit, Jun 26, 10:23pm
YEA . norty boy YOU, shame on you for being so blunt . LOL ;-)

lyonruge, Jun 26, 10:25pm
oh well, just a warning, wonder if someone narked.

mrfxit, Jun 26, 10:30pm
There ya go, fixed the typo's as well

lyonruge, Jun 26, 10:32pm
Nice one stu!

lyonruge, Jun 26, 10:32pm
it was only " not much" i spelled wrong!

mrfxit, Jun 26, 10:38pm
thourough = thorough
bonnett = bonnet
&
Removed the slang for $$ (could be confused for "that" other word)

He he he ha ha ha
(*snigger's* in my best "muttly" impression )
(back space key & dropped on to word pad) ;-)

lyonruge, Jun 26, 10:42pm
it was only "not much" i got the warning for, theefor that woz orl thats wong!

crosis_nz, Jun 26, 11:54pm
If they are doing a "thorough" inspection of the vehicle, how did they not notice the cameras!

I mean a missing split pin is pretty small, even the smallest spy camera is bigger than one of those.

elect70, Jun 27, 1:23am
Dont all garages have 1 of those magic wands that just wave over the engine & tells you all its problems ! Seriously, was watching Jagmegafactory &the inspector had awhat looked likebig multimeter &itcodedthekey , checked engine functions,wheel /brake tempsall withouttouching the car .

socram, Jun 27, 2:57am
The magic wand only works if the car has all theelectronic gizmos fitted!

Maybe there needs to be a standard pre purchase check sheet that lists all items.If the inspector then ticks a box or writes a figure down that is proved to be incorrect, then they are guilty of either negligence or fraud.

Two or three stage check seems to be most logical with prices to suit.If you want a full compression test for example, then you pay for it.

A tick box stating that all side and headlights, indicators and hazard flashers, horn, washers, wipers work isn't exactly difficult - even the buyer could be doing that, you don't need to pay the AA to waste their time - and it appears that items are still missed anyway.

IF I was taking a car for a pre purchase check, I'd want the underside totally checking - including all steering, wheel bearings, shocks and brakes, evidence of accident damage, rot, damage to the inside of tyre wallsetc.Stuff that I couldn't easily check myself without the use of ramps, hoist or a pit.

sr2, Jun 27, 3:52am
You forgot the correction aa = AA (Dyslexia rules "KO")!

mrfxit, Jun 27, 10:04am
. A!.
Dokey Hokey

You still missed the "vt" =VTNZ ;-)
& just to get picky. comp test = compression test

bigfatmat1, Jun 27, 10:07am
The aa does not deserve capitals! imo

mrfxit, Jun 27, 10:08am
Agreed

Neither does the other firm

scuba, Jun 28, 7:36am
maybe you should take that up with the cowboy that left it out rather than a VTNZ inspector who is on a limited time schedule for the check.

modie61, Jun 28, 7:40am
Exactly my point and why i left,thank you scuba,it had to happen,they get 12mins to do an inspection,they used to take between 25 to 45 mins before April 09.

carmedic, Jun 28, 10:22am
Oh come on, watch it again it was a brand new shiny tie rod end with no split pin. If you miss that you shouldn??

sr2, Jun 28, 11:00am
I'm a paid up member of "DNA". (The National Dyslexics Association).

quickbuck, Jun 29, 2:40am
Yup. fastest way to stuff something up, let a human touch it. as said we are only 90% good on average. (was that this thread, can't remember now).

shuddupowh, Jun 29, 3:34am
I wonder if any of those inspector guys use this MB. I wonder if any have posted in this thread!