Buying a new car - just avoid car dealers?

Page 2 / 3
gunhand, Nov 22, 7:27am
If a car dealer replied by txt to me in txt speak I wouldnt take it any further even if it was the best deal on earth.If you don't get a straight or sensable answer from "anyone" move on. And even though you may be in a hurry to buy, DON'T,this is when mistakes and bad decisions are made.

kazbanz, Nov 22, 7:30am
To be honest you shouldn't NEED to "look after yourself".It shouldn't be a confrontational experience at all. The most high pressure it should be is negotiating on price.
Incidently-to take the pressure off -have you looked at the cost af a rental vehicle!

beki07, Nov 22, 7:31am
Yes! I have many a waggy tail in and out of my vehicles! I do a lot of dog sitting and transport them to and from bush walks, beaches and home again. I really love Toyota Caldinas, which is what i was saving for. . but I don't have enough at this stage to get a good quality one. Yes I believe I possibly do! the pack of Malumuts!

beki07, Nov 22, 7:32am
Yup, was really keen on the car but not even going to bother now

beki07, Nov 22, 7:33am
A rental vehicle could be a good alternative if i can't find something this weekend (that isn't a rushed buy but a good one), thanks for that suggestion! and I do agree, i was really shocked to be honest, thought doggy car dealers had to be a thing of the past by now

kazbanz, Nov 22, 7:34am
Well the owner of the "pack" has a toyota spacio he uses to tow the dog trailer around.-He swears by it --and higher seat than a caldina means easier on a crook back

kazbanz, Nov 22, 7:35am
Have you thought of a bit of finance on top of your cash and maybee trading in the legume

beki07, Nov 22, 7:42am
Oo dog trailers, this could be a dangerous thing to lookup! I have considered finance but have just fully upgraded our entire property fencing and in the process of building a little cottage with a deck for a 'dog haven' during the day. We had to get a bit of extra finance to complete that, so not wanting to stretch our money too far. Dogs are a labour of love, they don't bring in a huge amount (not that i would change my job for the world). But may consider it if i really can't find something in my price range, i definitely haven't ruled it out.

beki07, Nov 22, 7:43am
Oh and should note, yes will looking at trading in the legnum or

supernova2, Nov 22, 8:01am
OP since you have established that you know these people go and see them and have a good chat.At least that way you will get good honest advice.

daryl14, Nov 22, 10:01am
Man, This sounds like a case for fair go.

sr2, Nov 22, 10:43am
+2; he's honest, give him a call and tell him we sent you.

icemans1, Nov 22, 12:15pm
i've bought from this yard, he is by no means a dodgy dealer. i'm sure he will find a car to suit your budget OP

daryl14, Nov 22, 12:29pm
Why should she buy a new car! It sounds like the original car yard OWES her a new one.

supernova2, Nov 22, 8:48pm
And what exactly has happened to the OP existing car.Yes I know its a mitsi but maybe it can be fixed - well thats probably impossible make that repaired!

kcf, Nov 22, 8:55pm
Just a random comment about rental cars . if you have waggy hairy friends you probably don't want to get a rental car, as you will likely end up with a big car grooming bill on return.Whilst you probably don't smell your dogs, the smell they are going to leave in a car is going to linger.

I used to work in rental cars many years back, and we had a "no animals" clause on our agreements, because of dog smell.On one occasion we rented to a guy with a couple of big smelly dogs.Despite him putting down an enormous canvas in the back of the wagon, we actually had to take that car off the fleet for~ two months . the smell despite multiple shampoo grooms just wouldn't quit.I've never smelt anything like it before or since!

h2oldragon, Nov 22, 10:44pm
Can't you guys see that this guy is using the message board to get customers! Ive said it several times before

h2oldragon, Nov 22, 10:44pm
Can't you guys see that this guy is using the message board to get customers! He's using you guys as his patsies to do his advertising.Advertising is against TM MB rules

bellky, Nov 22, 10:52pm
Report or vote #7 as I have done. Advertising is against TM MB rules.

And try and stop being sychophantic losers while you're at it :)

nightboss, Nov 23, 12:15am
"Wowthe kettle sure it black" said the pot-bellied stove.

daryl14, Nov 23, 1:49am
Have you ever read this Bellky! Practice what you preach.

Respect others
Don't abuse or harass people on the message board. Personal attacks are not acceptable. You may express a view on an issue, or criticise a particular approach. But the message boards are not a place for you to attack a person or their character.

bellky, Nov 23, 2:06am
I'm 'expressing a view' and 'criticising a particular approach', and that approach I'm criticising also happens to be against TM MB rules.

I'm also not singling out and attacking a particular person.

daryl14, Nov 23, 2:44am
From the tone of posts that usually follow yours, I'm aware that you commonly Harrass and attack people and their character. The problem is that everyone is too lazy to report/vote on you. Clean up your act mate. How can you try and be the sherriff when many of your own posts are in direct contradiction to the rules!

There has been no self promotion in this thread. Many posters give recommendations to people all the time of businesses to patronise.

As it stands, The way you go on, In my opinion, the message board would be more rewarding and informative for all if you didn't post anything.

If someone is actually breaking the self promotion rules, their posts usually get snuffed out in quick time. Take a break and let others regulate the boards. There are thousands of us on here daily. It all works out in the end.

bellky, Nov 23, 2:48am
Complete garbage, utter rubbish argument^.

Where do I mention self promotion!

(Don't answer, I didn't mention it.)

elect70, Nov 23, 2:55am
Ignore any auction thatjust saysbuy now& no inspection .could be a registereddealer butinreality just a backyarderwithdealers license