Buying a new car - just avoid car dealers?

Page 3 / 3
daryl14, Nov 23, 3:01am
To Bellky:

Ok, pedantic much! There was no advertising either. Which is commonly referred to as Self promotion.

Alot different to posting a website of a certain business you might know of but have no financial interest in. Which is completely legal so what's your beef! Why waste your time! Why am I wasteing my time! Why do so many threads end like this!

I wasn't starting an arguement with you. I was stating the facts as I see them. I have no further wish for any discussion. I can see everything you don't agree with is utter garbage. Good luck with that.

bellky, Nov 23, 3:04am
#7 is advertising.

Might I suggest you read and understand things before posting.

This (arguing with you) hasn't even been fun.

bellky, Nov 23, 3:12am
Ok maybe it's not advertising according to you (TM are the judge at the end of the day) - but to my way of thinking it is.

tgray, Nov 23, 3:14am
Belky, did you get a Consumer Information Notice (CIN) form from the previous dealer! By law, they must give you a copy, with all your rights on the back.
Re self promotion issue , the website named, was not a link to the posters business, so no 'self promotion', cheers.

bellky, Nov 23, 3:15am
Oh crikey tgray.

I'm not OP, and

I was talking about advertising, not self promotion. Imo #7 is advertising.

andrea_w, Nov 23, 3:20am
Advertising! That might be the case if I had a financial interest there. and I don't.
Just like people recommend others to go to Repco, Supercheap, Part Master for X product. Or Tint a Car etc for tints, or AA for inspections (well, some do), Eds Auto for car audio parts. I'm recommending the OP visit a car dealer that I've read nothing but good things about.
You seriously need a hobby.
Your predictable retort to this post will be ignored by me. I've got zero interest in dignifying any further posts from you with a response.

beki07, Nov 23, 3:20am
Bellky is NOT me ! Just putting that out there.

I left the thread when it started going insanely off topic and pedantic

smac, Nov 23, 3:22am
The slagging was boring, but this got interesting.

For it to be advertising, there must be some gain (for the one making the statement, claim, posting a link, whatever). So unless the poster of#7 has some material gain to be made by mills making sales, then it's simply a referral. Big difference.

For my own experience, the last car I bought was through a dealer. I got a car, price, and other benefits I would have been very unlikely to get through a private sale. Private sales on TM seem to be over what a dealer asks, the exact opposite of what you'd expect considering you are getting coverage under CGA (yes yes, not for auctions).

bellky, Nov 23, 3:22am
Haha, whatever lady.

To me it's advertising. I might be wrong.

tgray, Nov 23, 3:24am
woops! (similiar username at a glance)
Can I ask whether YOU got a CIN form from the dealer!

bellky, Nov 23, 3:25am
Re advertising. Ok thanks smac. That sounds reasonable. I might have just learnt something. Cheers.

bellky, Nov 23, 3:31am
Okay daryl14 and andrea_w I'm sorry. It seems I was wrong about that being advertising. What else can I say.

h2oldragon, Nov 23, 3:42am
But Im not apologising to the salesman using TMMB as a captive customer base.That I will say.

bellky, Nov 23, 3:48am
Yep that^ part is true.

nightboss, Nov 23, 5:00am
What are you waffling on about now!
The VW salesman has been very silent on here of late.
For an apology to be forthcoming you would first need to recognise your mistake.

If you are referring to either of the two (there may be more) registered motor vehicle dealers that have posted earlier in this thread, then you are barking up the wrong tree, probably the wrong forest too.

As you would have read, if you had both eyes open, is the LMVDs have never linked or named their own businesses, to imply or accuse otherwise is defamation. Making defamatory statements WILL get you banned, try it and see.

They give sound advice which is what this MB needs more of, the fact they have first-hand experience by currently working in the industry adds to their credibility. If they post wrong advice the rest of the community let them know pretty quickly.

nightboss, Nov 23, 5:08am
Meanwhile on Prime TVs 'Who wants to be a millionaire!'

"Yes I'd like to use my last lifeline to answer the million dollar question. That's right I would like to phone a friend, he is an expert on absolutely everything, yes his name is Bellky"

tgray, Nov 23, 5:19am
Chill everyone.
It's friday! have a drink and just relax!

nightboss, Nov 23, 5:59am
What a great idea, best post of this thread, what will you have TG!
I'll get this one for you.

loulou175, Nov 23, 9:20am
Amen! Sure you are not the only one who feels like that too.

r15, Nov 23, 6:26pm
havn't read the thread, but i have found dealers who 'speak english as their 1st or only language'tend to tell less lies than dealers that have the ability to communicate well with indians

kazbanz, Nov 23, 8:53pm
Hi Beki
I've been putting a bit of thought into your situation.
Quite frankly I feel you have been totally ripped off
But you also if you want to have good reason and a case to take that shark to the MVDT
The end result should be your money refunded in full or at the very least the legnum repaired to serviceable condition so it has value to sell
First though you need to demand that the dealer fix the car in a written submission.E mail is fine.
Spoken work isn't admissable in court
You need the dealer to refuse to repair or of course to go ahead and fix the car.
if you don't then you can't really procede with an application to MVDT
-well you could but they will ask what effort you made to get the dealer to repair the fault
From there you can lodge a claim and have the dealer go to MVDT
the trouble is you can't do this if the car has been onsold.
I apreciate you may not want to "bother" and respect your situation but that kind of standover tactic should npot be allowed to carry on

trademerob, Nov 24, 8:53pm
Car dealers=Scumbags. $3500 will get you a nice pile of rubbish.