Police intimidation

Page 4 / 4
jcmp21, Sep 27, 6:35am
Oh you're one of those. Yea, you might just want to sit down and read the threads, rather than trying to control what others posts and preventing others posting what they want, because you don't like it.

ema1, Sep 27, 9:38am
No you have the boot on your wrong foot there, while I dont doubt there are "bad apples" in the police force the fact they get the white wash treatment from one poster on here all the time I'd suggest you do the reading and understand that I'm not one that would criticize the police.
I actually think they do a damn good job considering what they are up against and where would we be if they weren't there at all?
I'm not "one of those " as you put it, I'm also putting a point of view or is that not allowed ?
Just I can't abide some who don't have much to say that's good about our men in blue. which is a sad state of affairs and a pity IMO !
Nah not preventing others from posting . that's impossible as you well know that's bollocks, if you think I can't state my opinion as to the "slagging" that the police and or law tends to get then it's a poor look out frankly !

ema1, Sep 27, 9:51am
There is that for sure as there is in any walk of life,but in general they can't be categorized as such IMO and what you say is tantamount to a white wash pretty much !

mrfxit, Sep 27, 10:08am
Yep ok, so I will admit to 1 "run in" that caused a couple of problems.
However . I stayed perfectly polite & soft spoken with full facts in sequence.
I followed up on those tickets, events, attitude & facts presented, with LTSA (as it was back then) & the tickets were cancelled.

saxman99, Sep 27, 11:01am
Semi-related to the god cop/bad cop discussion:

Some time ago I was sitting on a bench one day in small town NZ and I saw a young fella in a fairly beat up old car hooning around a corner doing a drifty skiddy slidy thing right in front of the cop car he couldn't see coming the other way. Sure enough the cop car did a quick U-turn and pulled him over right next to where I was sitting.

"G'Day Shane, you just can't help yourself can you mate?"

"Hi Mr. Johnson"

"Would you like a ticket or shall we all sit down for a chat with you and your folks?"

"Ummm, how many points is it?"

"20"

"I've only got 10 left."

"Shane, Shane, Shane. What have you been up to?"

"Being stupid I guess."

"Jump in the back, let's go see your old man and see if we can sort this out eh."

I thought to myself that was a pretty cool way to deal with a young bloke who is really only guilty of being a bit of a dick and if this type of approach was more common there might be a little more respect around the place.

mrfxit, Sep 27, 11:28am
The same PC crowd that made everybody accountable for all their actions, are also responsible for the police etc, not having much personal leeway in that sort of situation now

scuba, Sep 27, 12:23pm
when i was a young fella doing the occasional stupid thing with even stupider people we got pulled up one night while cruising thru Milford after having already been warned to go home by 2 of her Majesty's' finest.
An acquaintance of mine- friend is a bit strong, was spouting off to the copper .Said copper asked him if he would like to step around the corner and show the officer how tough a guy he was.Hard man said sure thing. I can still hear his screams as the cop gave him a gentle reminder about manners.
Buggers made us walk back to the Bays-was ok for me i lived at Mairangi they were at Torbay.
ahhh the good old days.

Mr Scuba here - Mrs Scuba was a delicate wee flower. far too innocent.

esky-tastic, Sep 27, 1:39pm
What the hell are you on about?

thejazzpianoma, Sep 27, 2:10pm
ema1 would have nothing left to contribute if he did that though.

ema1, Sep 27, 2:59pm
Bollocks jazz you have nothing but vitriol about anything to do with police and law generally. it gets rather wearing at times . in fact most of the time and I'm not the only one to state that either. oh I read threads alright and frankly what you write re police jazz disgusts me, respect is something you could well learn but you are too up yourself to ever allow that to happen. right !

ema1, Sep 27, 3:00pm
I was wondering that myself, gibberish if you ask me. bit like jazz talking an utter load of meaningless/baseless crap !

bumfacingdown, Sep 27, 3:06pm
Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that

ema1, Sep 27, 4:02pm
More like what are you "on" ? Dope possibly.!

valb1, Sep 27, 4:04pm
To answer a couple of questions. She is not a prostitute she is a very hard working highly regarded by her employer type of person. She doesn't drink, smoke or take drugs. It was an accident on the northern motorway and the tv footage shows her being cut off by another car, which the cop said they couldn't locate. He did not stop. She spun out of control taking evasive action and a motor cyclist coming up from behind hit her. Statements were taken at the time. The cyclist was injured. She was breathalyser twice. The [problem started to arise the next day when the cop phoned her and made derogatory remarks about her employer and her career. It took months for him to charge her by which time we had a solicitor involved. When if finally got to court she was charged with careless driving causing injury. It was heard before a Judge, and the charge was dropped. The motor cyclist all the way along said he didn't want her charged, but in spite of her solicitor trying to negotiate with the cop, the cop was hell bent with charging her anyway. It has all been very damaging emotionally for her, as she has never even had a parking ticket before this.

ema1, Sep 27, 4:05pm
If he did he either crapped himself or possibly pissed himself laughing. the thought doesn't bare thinking about. but then vanity does have it's fan boys !

thejazzpianoma, Sep 27, 4:06pm

ema1, Jan 8, 8:45pm
Triggered by a "nit wit" . and so say all of us !