What vehicle would you like "reborn" ?

Page 3 / 5
tweake, Mar 25, 8:21pm
a lot of the older trucks that are commonly hot rodded today eg willys pickup

something a bit more modern, bring back the jap 2 door suv's, toyota surf, isuzu mu, mitsi pajero etc.

jmma, Mar 25, 8:56pm
One day!

Honda GB400TT
EH Holden for me

meow_mix, Mar 25, 10:03pm
No one mentioned the really obvious one, the '89-'94 Nissan Skyline GTR, or "Godzilla". Just the way it was but with aircon vents that don't go brittle and break.

serf407, Mar 25, 10:37pm

sr2, Mar 25, 11:37pm
EH was pretty cool!

desmodave, Mar 26, 10:18am

richardmayes, Mar 26, 4:29pm
I'd like to see a new Rover that is spiritually like the SD1 V8 of the 1970s and 80s. Just a big practical 4-door saloon with a hatchback, and wedge shaped sports car styling that makes it look like it's going fast standing still.

But not in the black-on-grey, blob-shaped with bits of lego attached, ultra aggro style of current Audis and Mercs. Definitely a long, low wedge with edges, and a bonnet scoop, and a V8. Maybe not with Lucas wiring though.

socram, Mar 26, 7:27pm
For a 4 seater, Mk 2 Jaguar shaped Daimler V8 - but with a modern Jaguar V8 engine and uprated everything - a la Beacham or an MG ZB Magnette Varitone with the same Jaguar running gear.

For a small GT, the original Lotus Elite.

harm_less, Mar 26, 7:38pm
Jaguar XJS repowered with electric. Class, comfort, grace, and without horrendous fuel and maintenance costs. https://www.newelectric.nl/automotive/

likit, Mar 26, 8:02pm
Holden Commodore or Ford Falcon, will need to replace my Commodore in a few years & nothing out there inspires me, except perhaps a Ram 1500

mrfxit, Mar 26, 9:24pm
Lots got killed as well

franc123, Mar 26, 10:21pm
None of them. Auto manufacturers horribly compromise at best or completely ruin remakes of old cars , and often these are relatively short lived and sure they offer increased comfort, performance, safety and emissions, but don't really deliver anything like the original experience which is surely part of the point of the exercise.

gunna-1, Mar 27, 12:58am
They did, now we have an obsession with safety and people still die, having a wicked power band or handleing issues requires getting use to, i know how to handle the kawasaki 500 triples quirk if i rode one, my dads mate still has one but i prefer the 750.

gunna-1, Mar 27, 1:21am
Ide own one of those things now, or a datsun 260c, still never realy owned a jap car in my life, i still regret not putting in an offer for a early 70s mazda b2000 i drove to its fate in the early 2000s, it was a rugged little thing with a bench seat and a column change, i loved it.

saxman99, Mar 29, 2:00am
BMW Isetta

gunna-1, Mar 29, 8:49am
Thats a good one, or the messerschmitt kr200

gunna-1, Mar 29, 9:13am

budgel, Mar 29, 10:29am
A bit off the wall, but I would like a modern version of a Peugeot 504.
My 1971 model had 4 wheel disc brakes, independent suspension all round, and great seats. I am a sucker for front engine rear wheel drive cars done well.

gph1961, Mar 29, 10:43am
take your head closer to that wall

gunna-1, Mar 29, 12:52pm
There was a good one of those going for about 1200 that had one owner and damage to one of the doors, i was very tempted but should really get back in to the mammoth project of the peugeot 404 that has been on the backburner for to long.

alowishes, Mar 29, 1:56pm
I

I concur!

budgel, Mar 30, 1:18pm
I once took a 404 through a couple of creeks way up into the hilly backblocks of the Hokianga. When I got there the guy I was visiting said the only other vehicle that had been there in recent years was a tractor!
The old Peugeots were often under rated by people who didn't know them.

tygertung, Mar 30, 1:45pm
Bring back the old Mitsubishi Lancer EX2000. A 2L turbo in a car which only weighs 1052 kg is not too bad. Those 4G63 are so strong that one can easily get much more power out of them.

franc123, Mar 30, 1:51pm
Yeah well what's not often realised is that they were made for use in Nth African countries, as were other French cars. That's why they used to put so much care into things like suspension and seat designs to make them better on rough roads.

tygertung, Mar 30, 2:12pm
Here is an old video from the early 80s about them for group B rally use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxJikCk6Dkg

Real dodgy how the spectators are so close to the side of the track.